Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Christmas present

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2008, 05:42 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Question Christmas present

Ok heres the problem guys. My family got me the Avic-F700bt for christmas. I will be doing the installation myself. I have a few unanswered question though that i really need answered before i do the install. Ok here it goes by the way I have looked at all the installation guides and all that which helped but not fully. I have a 2007 4.0 with the S500
1) Do I need to do a voltage regulatar, I wouldnt like to have any pops?
2) Do I need the sirius box im planning to use the stock sirius antenna seeing that it is already mounted on the trunk but some say I still need to buy this tuner?
3) When doing the bypass do i still plug in the e-brake wire or does that just need to be grounded?
4) Is under the dash a good place for the gps antenna? Iv read that is were the stock one usually goes.
5) Do i need an "adapter"?(my local audio shop said I did but I wanted to make sure)I also dont know what this adapter is call everyone just keeps calling it adapter.
Sorry for all these questions but I have searched for a few months will prepairing for this installation and still have not found these answers. Also if someone is willing to help me now I am going to make a write up so that people like me will not have to ask questions. Thanks in advance and hope everyone had a great Christmas,
CJ
Old 12-26-2008, 09:15 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

1). you will need to have something to make the 12v turn on 5v. You can use a regulator or a resistor.
2). you will need a sirius tuner, and with it another subscription.
3.) Legally you need to hook up the E-brake, legally.......
4.) Ideally you want the gps antenna in the most exposed location that you can find with as little above it as necessary.
5.) A wire hrns will make integrating into the system much easier, to help you pick which one we would need to know you car and the stereo that came with it.

Whats next?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:03 PM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Thats great anwsered all of my questions. I will make sure to give you thanks in the write up. Im about to leave and get all the stuff I need. Look for the write up in the next 2 weeks. I have a 2007 4.0 with the shaker 500 and I think the people at the audio shop know which one I need, I just wanted to make sure I needed one. I would have them install it but they wont unless you buy the system from them.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:57 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

if you want to help them ensure the correct harness, pull the radio out and take it in with you
Old 12-27-2008, 12:39 AM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Ok thanks for the advice. Its good to know as much as possible when doing something like this the first time.
Old 12-27-2008, 11:25 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

don't be afraid to ask. We are not always the most gentle in answering questions but we will normally take care of ya.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:55 PM
bstevems39
1st Gear Member

for the gps antenna. i have the same system btw, its great. anyways it can go almost anywhere just make sure u have a signal b4 u put eveything back together. i ran mine all the way to the back and put it on the rear self under the cover (i put in a whole system so had everything off anyways) and got a signal there.
as 4 the mic if your not gunna use bluetooth, the only thing u can do with it is change between fm am sd ect. so if your going for a clean look and don't want it showing, don't bother installing it, not that beneficial

are u running any subs or anything?
Old 12-30-2008, 08:35 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bstevems39
as 4 the mic if your not gunna use bluetooth, the only thing u can do with it is change between fm am sd ect. so if your going for a clean look and don't want it showing, don't bother installing it, not that beneficial

are u running any subs or anything?
you must be confused on what bluetooth is.........
that or I am really confused on what you are talkin bout......
Old 12-30-2008, 12:05 PM
bstevems39
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
you must be confused on what bluetooth is.........
that or I am really confused on what you are talkin bout......
sorry must be confused about bluetooth, probably why i gave up on mine. i thought it was 4 my phone and it played through my stereo and i the mic is what u talked into. (based on what the guy a best buy told me)
Old 01-04-2009, 12:02 AM
fender12
1st Gear Member

Sry guys decide to get it installed because I didnt have enough time before I went back to school. I found a guy that installed it for $60 so i just went ahead and did that. I can still answer questions about bypass and all the things you need for the installation so if anyone needs and help pm me. Thanks again ttocs for your help.