Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

SonicElectronix.com

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 07:59 AM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

Default SonicElectronix.com

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them ...

I ordered my Kenwood DPX503 and got it in yesterday ... but on the page it said it would include the installation accessories.

For some strange reason, all I got was the wiring harness ... no double din dash kit - or - antenna adapter.

I love the head unit, but would love it more if I could install the damn thing properly!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:20 PM
flood41
2nd Gear Member

see thats why you don't buy electronics online. makes it harder to exchange items and to make sure you get everything you need.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I have order some things before with them in the past and no problems. By looking at the add it is free if its not the "premium" setup

*Optional Accessories and Premium Kits and Harnesses (Additional Charge)
Kits, harnesses, connectors and adaptors are available for most, but not all, vehicles. Some vehicles require premium, specialty, or additional accessories to complete installation, while other vehicles either have none available or they require no dash kit and/or harness to complete installation. Most vehicles with premium sound systems and/or other factory options require additional accessories, and we encourage you to contact us for a list of install accessories for your vehicle. As stated above, free kits and harnesses are not available for all makes and models.
Dont know for sure but I am sure if you call them up they can either send it out to you if it does qualify and they just missed it.

Now I have always gone to crutchfield since they always give you the dash kits and all wiring no matter what for free. Generally i can find a coupon for 15% or whatever too so it works out being a good deal that way too. Also having their free tech support can be a good thing.

Hope it works out for you.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:17 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by flood41
see thats why you don't buy electronics online. makes it harder to exchange items and to make sure you get everything you need.
word..... If you know what you are doing it is a little different but as anything purchased on the internet it is buyer beware!
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

you guys kill me, i buy practically everything off the net, hell i dont know where i could buy mustang parts otherwise. I never have any problems either. If i ever had problems with something i would be returning it to the manufacture anyway since most B&M stores are only 30 day return policy anyway.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:00 PM
flood41
2nd Gear Member

the problem i have with internet sales is it kills small bussinesses.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 PM
washamur
3rd Gear Member

Well I emailed them last night as soon as I got online and received an email from them this morning ... they were VERY apologetic and informed me that the dash kit was being sent out USPS Priority.

Good customer service and quick to fix a problem ... I went ahead and test the head unit out ... man this thing is cool as hell. I'll post some pics / vids up when everything is fixed.