Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need some help fellas

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 01:36 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Default Need some help fellas

Ok, picked up a raptor from Tom in his garage sale and have been working on installing it. I ran a fuse tap out of the passenger side fuse bog for my hot wire to a switch in my console. Tapped the coil, saudered all my connections. The switch i'm using requires a ground so I did that and went to finish the ground wire for the raptor but that caused my switch (it has a light) to go dead, i'm on electrician but I'm guessing I only need one ground. I know I'm getting power and to the Raptor itself, but I've got a problem either with my connection to the coil itself or grounding the Raptor.

Any help would be appreciated it, I searched through quite a few threads but no one's done anything like this that I've seen.
Old 01-09-2009, 05:36 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by EagleStroker
Ok, picked up a raptor from Tom in his garage sale and have been working on installing it. I ran a fuse tap out of the passenger side fuse bog for my hot wire to a switch in my console. Tapped the coil, saudered all my connections. The switch i'm using requires a ground so I did that and went to finish the ground wire for the raptor but that caused my switch (it has a light) to go dead, i'm on electrician but I'm guessing I only need one ground. I know I'm getting power and to the Raptor itself, but I've got a problem either with my connection to the coil itself or grounding the Raptor.

Any help would be appreciated it, I searched through quite a few threads but no one's done anything like this that I've seen.
what is a raptor? I thought is was a quad?

Tapped what coil?

an electrition? No offence but the worst hack jobs I have ever seen were done by electricians and mechanics. I have a decade of audio/security experience and I promise I am the last person you would want wiring your house. know your limits......
Old 01-09-2009, 06:08 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

No no no, a Raptor is a shift light. Simple enough but I made it difficult with my cut off switch idea. Out of the box it has ground, power, and your coil (line senses so it knows when to flash for the shift). I added a switch on my hot line so that if I didn't want to look at it I could cut it off but it's not lighting. Still trouble shooting, can't figure it out. I have no problem doing this kind of work it's not over my head, just trying to figure out what I overlooked.