Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Butchered audio system

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

Default Butchered audio system

1st paragraph is story

so i got my car used, and the guys who had it before me did one hell of a hack job when pulling their system and reinstalling the "stock" one to trade it in. basicly the stock Mach speakers and replaced with cheapos, no tweeters in the door corners and no subs in the truck, wires are ran to the trunk for subs and it has aftermarket speaker cables ran.

Anyway, im looking into a new deck and new speakers, subs and amps are optional. looking to spend no more than 600 for a deck and the 4 speakers, i have a vert i heard the back speakers are different from coupes, i want spaekers i can wire with speaker cable as opposed to a harness.

What do ya'll suggest for the deck and more importantly the speakers?
Old 01-19-2009, 10:25 PM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

well ive been looking online and found a these any thoughts on them?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...L+GTO507C.html
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...GTO8607C.html#
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...-GT820IP.html#
Old 01-19-2009, 11:20 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

jbl makes good stuff and those speakers should be fine. The only part that concerns me is that they are a 2 ohm impedence. They will tell you that ALL decks will be fine with this infact that they will sound better with more power but in reality some decks will run too hot with them and will not work. I can't tell you which ones exactly as it is dependant on a bunch of other things so it is kinda a hit-miss thing...

It has only been in the last 2, maybe 3 years that sony has started to make decks that once again do NOT want to make me puke by the way they look. The whole explode thing almost did them in. On performance they are not great, but not horrible either but there are other brands I would consider for car audio. Sony makes great video stuff but their car audio has not been worh much since they dropped the ES line years ago.

Have you listened to these speakers and actually had your hands on the deck to see if you like it more then just in writting? I would never buy a piece of gear that I could not hear first so I invite you to go and check out your local shops to listen to everything they have in the place.
Old 01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
03svtcobra12
3rd Gear Member

i used the previous model deck in my 99v6 vert so i know its a pretty decent deck, my old speakers however couldn't keep up, but i did like the deck,do you have any recommendations for speaker brands?
Old 01-20-2009, 12:35 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

a am just a wrench that will tell you if the stuff you are getting will or will not work. I don't like to give opinions since everybodys is so different there is no way I can tell you what you will like. Alot of people like infinity but I can't stand the tweeter in them. When it comes to speakers I really really really recomend that you listen to as many as you can before you start to form opinions and decide what is good for you. take in a cd that you are familiar with so you can get a better idea.