Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

trunk setup

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 12:08 PM
mikeysGT
4th Gear Member

Default trunk setup

hey guys, i'm new to sound modifications and know nothing about speakers, amps, etc...
but my buddy owns a local stereo shop and has been wanting to sponsor my car for a while now. i didn't want to add any weight to the car since i drag race it regularly but i'm at the point where i'm trying to focus more on car shows, and try to get into a mag or two so i decided to let him go ahead and do it. he told me to think about a setup i want in the trunk.

i need some help trying to figure out what kind of display i want. anyone have pics of custom trunk displays in a s197?

i run nitrous so i want to mount the bottle along with the whole thing. anything you guys recommend? i also have a rear seat delete kit and was thinking of having them do something there? any ideas?
Old 01-31-2009, 03:15 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

with some carefull planning you can design a solid and secure system that is easily removed for track days. My box is sturdy enough that I have pushed the car with it but I can take it out in 15 mins. All the mounting connections are hidden so that if YOU were to look at it you would not see how to remove it(security) but it is held in place with 4 bolts. The amp rack was a little more technically dificult to engineer a way to easily disconnect the amps coonection. I soldered some hrns's so that the 8 channel output can be easily disconnected and the power connections are disconnected via wing nuts. The amp rack I could pull out in probably 5 mins and again all the mounts were hidden to keep them secure.

You can see my system in my cardomain page, I still need to get the plexi to finish it.