Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Need help installing new CD Player using Scosche Amplifier Adapater

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
[surge]

Default Need help installing new CD Player using Scosche Amplifier Adapater

I'm trying to replace my 6-disc Mach 460 headunit in my 02 GT. I bought a harness and everything and hooked it all up and only got sound out of my tweeters up front and in the back, meaning no bass. I read that I needed the Scosche FAI-3A Adapter thing. So I went to Wal-Mart and bought one and then hooked it up and my cd player doesn't come on to even test anything else. It's weird though, I can eject and insert CD's, meaning it has some kind of power, but I can't get the actual player to turn completely on so that I'd be able to hear music. I am so confused. Where is the remote amplifier wire? On the harness? From the 3 sets of wire things inside my car? I know where it is on the wires coming from my cd player, but I don't know what to attach it to, like the diagram shows in the instruction booklet for the Scosche thing. I'm really stuck
Old 06-14-2005, 11:16 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Need help installing new CD Player using Scosche Amplifier Adapater

it is a blue wire for the amp for sound. you have power just no amp sound for bass right? if so, cut into the blue wire coming off of the back of the cd player wire harness and then meet the amp sound (blue) wire to that blue wire you cut and connec tthe three together. i did this with electrical then duct tape to ensure a perfect connection.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:03 PM
[surge]

do you mean connect the two together?

I understand where the blue/white amp wire is that's attached to my CD player......what I am confused about is where the wire is located that I connect the aforementioned wire to. Is it a wire on the harness? Or is it a wire from the original three sets of wires that came with the car. My harness does have a black wire that is labeled "Amplifier Ground" or something like that. Is that it?

Thanks.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:43 PM
[surge]

Well, I guess it's not the black wire I was talking about. Everything I assume is connected correctly except for this stinkin amp wire. I get hardly any sound right now even with my stereo turned way up and with the gain levels raised, and no bass.

Oh and by the way, my harness is only one peice that connects to just one of the three connecters within the car.
Old 06-15-2005, 09:48 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

you have a harness that connects to the cd player with a blue wire in it right? i also have a separate blue wire that runs form my amp to the harness that in order to get amplified sound i needed to cut and strip the blue harness wire, cut and strip my aftermarket amp wire and connect the 2 halves of the harness with the one end of my amp wire and then secure it with electrical tape.
Old 06-16-2005, 01:41 PM
[surge]

I have stock everything in my 02 GT as far as sound goes. There were three sets of wires that connected to the back of my ORIGINAL 6 Disc MACH 460 Headunit. When I removed the stock CD player, I added a harness that connected to only ONE of the 3 sets of wires, and that harness went to the Scosche thing, and then wires coming from my CD player connected to the other side of the Scosche thing. This is the correct setup, right? I have no idea about any of the amps or anything. I got this car a week ago. Now about the blue wire. Yes, I have a blue wire that is on the set of wires going from my cd player to the scosche thing, but no blue wire in the actual harness that goes from the 3 sets of wires in the car to the scosche thing, and I have no idea how to locate a blue wire coming from the stock amp(s) themselves.

Is there some kind of wiring diagram somewhere to look at so I can identify where this amp wire is? Is the amp wire connected to one of the 3 sets of wires in my car where I have to slice into one of the 3 sets of wires, or is it a separate wire all by itself? If so, where is it.

Sorry to be such trouble AtlanticBlue, your help is much appreciated.
Old 06-16-2005, 02:30 PM
AtlanticBlue99
I ♥ Acer

i dont know about the mach 460 harness- my car didnt have the 460 system, but when i got my amp/subs i got an installation kit (a kit of wires) and one wire (blue) goes from the amp to the cd player's wire harness (blue wire here also) i dont know where you can get a diagram... hopefully someone with the mach 460 will chime in and give some advice. if you can find your factory amps, you will see a wire that goes from them towards the front and possibly into one of the discarded harnesses you have (stock, unused). if you can locate the amp wire going to one of your unused harnesses, remove it from the harness and connect it to the new harness for the new head unit.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:30 PM
turboscrew

Throw that harness away and get a Metra 70-5519. It has everything that you need for an afteramrket HU. I just installed mine 30 min. ago and everything works great. Alot better sound too. You'll actually have 4 ground wires. I connected them all together and you'll have 2 amp turn-on wires that will connect to the blue wire from the HU. Then just connect the rest of the wires together by color and you're done. Took 10 min. to splice together and 10 to take the stock HU out and put the new HU in. Its alot simpler than the Scosche harness that you have. Hope this helps.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
[surge]

And you're postive this will work in an 02 Mustang with the 460 audio system, turboscrew?

That harness says it's for 2000-2001....I've already spent too much money at this point to buy something that I'm not positive will work.

Turboscrew, if you did this on an 02 please let me know, thanks.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:20 PM
mustanggtandgsxr
1st Gear Member

sent you a pm.

Quick Reply: Need help installing new CD Player using Scosche Amplifier Adapater