Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

My OEM AUX Line In doesn't work... "No Aux Audio"

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 02:26 AM
PDX-289

Default My OEM AUX Line In doesn't work... "No Aux Audio"

I just bought a slightly used 2008 Mustang GT Premium with Shaker 500. I was all excited because it has a factory Aux input in the center console.

So I get home and plug in my iPod. Then I pushed the AUX button expecting to hear the ipod playing.... but I got nothing. Just a message on the head unit saying "No Aux Audio."

What might cause this? I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer for a warranty fix, but want to be sure I'm not missing something silly.

Any advice...?
Old 08-17-2009, 08:34 PM
MJL07GT/CS

Originally Posted by PDX-289
I just bought a slightly used 2008 Mustang GT Premium with Shaker 500. I was all excited because it has a factory Aux input in the center console.

So I get home and plug in my iPod. Then I pushed the AUX button expecting to hear the ipod playing.... but I got nothing. Just a message on the head unit saying "No Aux Audio."

What might cause this? I'm thinking I need to take it to the dealer for a warranty fix, but want to be sure I'm not missing something silly.

Any advice...?
Let me know what you find out. Just bought my 07 w/the Shaker 1000 and I get nothing from the aux input. Tried three different cables and still nothing. Stopped by the local dealership and got a blank looks - no help coming from that direction.

Thanks,
Mark
Old 01-01-2010, 10:44 AM
HASTY GT

Default "NO AUX INPUT"

I also am having the same issue. I own a 2005 GT with the factory Shaker 500 stereo and installed a PIE FRD04-AUX Input Adapter. When I press the AUX button, all I get is this message. When I contacted the guy I bought it from on EBAY, he told that I would have to "ACTIVATE" the AUX feature in my stereo. Does anyone know what he is talking about and if so, how is this done?
Old 01-03-2010, 12:39 PM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

It sounds like the dealership is going to need to flash the radio (or whatever is controlling those features; I assume it's the radio, but could be SJB, etc) to enable the AUX option.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HASTY GT
I also am having the same issue. I own a 2005 GT with the factory Shaker 500 stereo and installed a PIE FRD04-AUX Input Adapter. When I press the AUX button, all I get is this message. When I contacted the guy I bought it from on EBAY, he told that I would have to "ACTIVATE" the AUX feature in my stereo. Does anyone know what he is talking about and if so, how is this done?
You do not activate the aux input.Try to disconnect the adapter harness and disconnect the radio.Let the radio sit for about 5 minutes, plug the adapter harness into the radio then into the vehicle harness.We sell the same unit but renamed,and some radio's just wont work.I had one in my car and it worked fine,have one on my test bench and I can disconnect it 10 times and the radio will still recognize it.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:36 PM
MJL07GT/CS

Smile

I forgot to update the fix. I took the car to the other local dealer, and the mechanic removed the center console and there it was - both the power outlet and Aux wires were disconnected. I should have done this myself first, but it was under warranty, so why not let the dealer look. I bought the car used, so I don't know if the wires were never hooked up or someone disconnected them, but everything has been working fine since then. KISS - Keep It Simple Stupid - applied here.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:17 PM
wbk_viper
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HASTY GT

For the PIE you see if there are dim switches on the interface. Usually you need to turn on "activate" additional dims to open more banks in the aux stereo input. i believe the shaker 500 can have up to 12 aux inputs, you just push the aux repeatedly to select them, but the interface has to have them activated so it sends them to the head unit properly.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:37 PM
Wsone

My '07 is having the same problem. Ran a diagnostic on the radio and found an error code B2477. Getting the 60k service, see if they can answer the problem
Old 10-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Georgiajoker

Iskwezm,

I popped the center console and unplugged my unit for 5 minutes and plugged it back in...Tada! No more "No Aux Audio" message!

Thanks
Old 10-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Wsone

Originally Posted by Georgiajoker
Iskwezm,

I popped the center console and unplugged my unit for 5 minutes and plugged it back in...Tada! No more "No Aux Audio" message!

Thanks
That's great. I didn't have the same luck. The dealer tried updating the radio software but it would not accept it. Looks like Santa may bringing a new head unit.

Quick Reply: My OEM AUX Line In doesn't work... "No Aux Audio"