Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Looking for a new audio system...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2010, 09:27 PM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluestang35
The Pioneer AVIC Z120BT is a great looking unit I just brought from Amazon.com
It is a nav unit but sooo many features to play with. I'll be installing it hopefully this weekend.

BTW If anybody wants this, its my emailed discount code from Amazon good until JULY 24th
Giving 30% off some great pioneer units only it is Code # B71N95L6
It may work for you Cheers
I got a new Z110BT installed right before the 120 came out. Same hardware. I thought it was great too. I purchased the software update to turn it into a 120 and it is awesome with the pandora. I mostly got it because of the voice controlled nav, music and phone.

The only real bug that bothers most users of this unit is the voice recognition. It doesn't work well unless you press the Nav's OK button before the unit links up with your bluetooth phone. What I mean by that is that if you say "Play artist Green Day" It might say" Ok, now playing artist Chevelle.

So as long as you press the OK button before the bluetooth phone links. It should work perfectly.
Old 07-22-2010, 08:54 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

voice activation has always been hit or miss in car audio. There is alot of background noise, vibrations and other crap to deal with. I can remember the first time I saw an auto pc that had voice control, I will never forget my rep screaming at the top of his lungs(AUTO PC VOLUME DOWN) as it went up 3 more notches.
Old 07-23-2010, 10:28 AM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

get the pioneer 4200 dvd in dash touchscreen its unbelievable and its one of the best head units to build a system around. also it has tons of options its clean as hell
Old 07-31-2010, 04:47 PM
stanglifemike

Originally Posted by bluestang35
The Pioneer AVIC Z120BT is a great looking unit I just brought from Amazon.com
It is a nav unit but sooo many features to play with. I'll be installing it hopefully this weekend.

BTW If anybody wants this, its my emailed discount code from Amazon good until JULY 24th
Giving 30% off some great pioneer units only it is Code # B71N95L6
It may work for you Cheers
I wish I would have seen this earlier. I am actually shopping for that same head unit right now. How are you liking it? Do you have another code that I could try? I would love to save some money on it!! Also, can you pm me some pics of it installed, or post them here...either way. Thanks
Old 07-31-2010, 04:50 PM
stanglifemike

Originally Posted by Murphdog
I got a new Z110BT installed right before the 120 came out. Same hardware. I thought it was great too. I purchased the software update to turn it into a 120 and it is awesome with the pandora. I mostly got it because of the voice controlled nav, music and phone.

The only real bug that bothers most users of this unit is the voice recognition. It doesn't work well unless you press the Nav's OK button before the unit links up with your bluetooth phone. What I mean by that is that if you say "Play artist Green Day" It might say" Ok, now playing artist Chevelle.

So as long as you press the OK button before the bluetooth phone links. It should work perfectly.
Hey man, could you also post some pics of that unit installed? I am still tossing around the idea of going with the 110 instead of the 120....not sure just yet. Either way though, pretty sure both units look identical
Old 08-01-2010, 02:04 AM
Murphdog
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stanglifemike
Hey man, could you also post some pics of that unit installed? I am still tossing around the idea of going with the 110 instead of the 120....not sure just yet. Either way though, pretty sure both units look identical

Yeah man, I will post some pics. I've been meaning to take some but have just been busy. The hardware is exactly the same between the 2 units. I did the $200 upgrade to the Z120BT software and am very happy with it.

Weird thing is, that the Z120BT is listed as being $200 cheaper than the Z110BT. Maybe Pioneer just hasn't updated the pricing on their website or they just haven't taken the web page down yet if it is officially discontinued.

I had a local car audio store do the install so I don't have pics of the actual install process

I have the microphone hooked in between the window and the ceiling/headliner above the rearview mirror. Everyone I've ever talked to in the car while driving says they hear me must fine with no problems.

I believe there is a walkthrough on how to put a hole in the piece that holds the overhead lights but I don't have the guts to try that myself, yet anyway. I may just leave the mic right where it is.

Let me try to locate my camera. I misplaced it somewhere. I don't want to post crappy iPhone pics.
Old 08-01-2010, 03:45 PM
stanglifemike

Cool man, thanks. I dont mind cell phone pics anyway. Thats what most of my pics are now, and have been for the last year or so. Much easier to just use the camera on your phone instead of carrying a digital camera around everywhere you go. I have the HTC Evo 4G now and its 8 megapixel camera is almost as good as my $700 digital camera anyway...
Old 08-30-2010, 10:40 AM
fbuzila

Originally Posted by MOOK3456
I would prefer components but how you will install them without damaging the door?