Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

AVN726E

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 02:14 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default AVN726E

Hey guys,

I purchased this while I was deployed, home on R&R and wanted to install it myself. I got the PAC replacement harness that was supposed to make my installation a breeze, but in the end I have a crap load of wires and such and no real clue where any of it goes with no real instructions...

Any help would be appreciated...
Old 08-01-2010, 04:26 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

I purchased the C2R-FRD1 to help with the installation per Crutchfield, but their Installation Master Sheet... well, doesn't really tell ya much. Here is a picture of all the wiring...
Attached Thumbnails AVN726E-sta60003.jpg  
Old 08-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Ok, so after much thought I realized that the harness adapter I got has most of the colors the navigation has.. and they serve the same purpose. So I will solder those together. Still unsure of what of those RCA cords I need to install, I know 2 of them are used for the Ipod but I don't think I need to use the rest... and I'm not sure what the small plastic boxes are used for an if I need to install them.

Last edited by Menace; 08-01-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:05 PM
BriansNSane
1st Gear Member

I'm willing to bet those other RCA cords are for a signal to your factory amps.I had to hook those up for my factory amps to work with my Eclipse unit.
Old 08-01-2010, 07:53 PM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Where do they get hooked up to?
Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Ok, I got it all hooked up and installed. I just gotta find a good place to route my hideaway antenna and the microphone for the bluetooth. I couldn't figure out how to remove the A pillars so I just left it for tomorrow. All is good though, I wanted to get the face flush with the mount but it wouldn't open up for the CD. It looks ok though.