Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

94 Mustang GT - White Face Gauges

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:46 AM
Ex0r
2nd Gear Member

Default 94 Mustang GT - White Face Gauges

Alright, so here's the deal. I bought some white face gauges about 4 months ago, and am finally getting around to putting them on, but i'm having a bit of trouble locating the correct wires. I was told that the light grey wire in the headlight switch is the correct wire, but when using the t-connector to splice into it, I get nothing. I think the connectors are too big when they cut through the insulation and don't make a connection.

Anyone know for sure what two wires I need? (Looking for +12v with headlights/parking lights) on, and ground. People said to use the bar in the back, but i'd rather tie into the ground wire on the plug. Anyone know for sure which two wires they are? (I have a 1994 mustang gt convertible). I found the big brown wire, that appears to be the headlight on wire, but can't find out which one is for parking lights on.

Also, when I was putting the gauge plate on, the coolant temp needle came off the shaft a little bit (not all the way, but enough for it to spin loosely), and now when I turn the car on, the needle starts way down, and it's impossible to check the real coolant level. I know that when the car is completely cool and running, the needle is dead ontop of the very first mark on the gauge, is it possible that I can remove the needle, turn the car on, and push the needle back onto the same spot, or do I need to have it professionally calibrated?