Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

In need of a quality car amp

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2010, 09:57 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Question In need of a quality car amp

Okay Im a audio noob and im unsure where i should search otherwise i'd use the search button

...I had put in years ago (poineer speakers) by a friend. I don't have any trunk subs nor the factory mach system (just the basic).

My question is: Im looking for a good amp that would increase my sound quality from my door speakers & rear speakers. I am not interest in purchasing any subs or box subs for the trunk or anything. Just looking for an amp that I could get that would do what i described above. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If i could get several options that would be great. I would like to keep the price under 200. Idk if thats possible or not? But list em up anyways if it isn't.

Thank You
Old 09-05-2010, 03:37 PM
JayMax03
2nd Gear Member

how many wrms does you front and rear speakers have on them?
Old 09-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

http://www.crutchfield.com/g_347050/...Sound+Ordnance

For the money, these are hard to beat.

I personally like Rockford Fosgate amps. I've got a P300-1 powering the sub in my Subaru and I can run it at capacity as long as I can stand it. Longest I've had it maxed out so far has been 2 hours and it was hot but not hot enough to worry about it.
Old 09-06-2010, 10:06 AM
AudioNutz
2nd Gear Member

I hate to burst the collective bubble, but amplifiers do not increase sound quality.

Only better speakers can do that...

Last edited by AudioNutz; 09-06-2010 at 10:09 AM.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:50 PM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

They don't increase sound quality, but a bad one can reduce sound quality.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:38 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
They don't increase sound quality, but a bad one can reduce sound quality.
I wanna say that their just Pioneer - 6" x 8" 3-Way Car Speakers (Pair). (front & back set). Not 100% sure except they are def pioneer. So what do you rec then?
Old 09-07-2010, 01:27 PM
AudioNutz
2nd Gear Member

It is recommended that you go and listen to several different types/brands of speakers.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:32 PM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

for a cheap option from what i've listened to alpine type s 2 or 3 way speakers sound pretty good.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Unsullied_Spy
1st Gear Member

Since you've already got the speakers I'd go ahead and look for a 4 channel amp that puts out 50-75 watts RMS per channel. That's about the power range I'd expect out of a 6x8. I wouldn't bother with new speakers quite yet, since you've already got aftermarket speakers in there. Amping speakers makes a huge difference, they sound a ton better and even put out a better range of frequencies when they get the power they need. If you need better sound after that, tweak the settings on your deck until you can't get it any better. If that isn't enough THEN it's time to start looking at new speakers. I don't know about you, but I don't like spending money I don't have to, and I think your Pioneers should be fine.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by Unsullied_Spy
Since you've already got the speakers I'd go ahead and look for a 4 channel amp that puts out 50-75 watts RMS per channel. That's about the power range I'd expect out of a 6x8. I wouldn't bother with new speakers quite yet, since you've already got aftermarket speakers in there. Amping speakers makes a huge difference, they sound a ton better and even put out a better range of frequencies when they get the power they need. If you need better sound after that, tweak the settings on your deck until you can't get it any better. If that isn't enough THEN it's time to start looking at new speakers. I don't know about you, but I don't like spending money I don't have to, and I think your Pioneers should be fine.
Allllright.... thanks thats kinda what i was looking for! What do you rec above (not too familar w/ amps or where to go)??

Quick Reply: In need of a quality car amp