Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:13 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

Stereo upgrade: replace Sync entirely, or just speakers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:38 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by marcj9680
Hey Greg,

- Alpine SWR-T10 Thin Profile 10" Subwoofer

Thanks!
Marc
where did you install your 10 subs
Old 04-07-2012, 04:12 PM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by superdutyfan
I to would like to keep the factory nav/dvd. But i have a kicker amp out of a previuos truxk and two 10 inch excil3 low profile subs.
will the subs fit in the back seats in the sides ? i want to keep as much trunck room as possible the car is a 2011 5.0L GT convertible.

Thansk sdf

any more suggestions would be very appreciated.

Thnaks SDF
We had someon on here make a fiberglass enclosure for some 8's in the rear speaker location in a fox. I am currently puttin a slim 9" in my door of my 94 gt but its not a beginners project and if I were charging someone for all the work I did it would not be cheap.

So yes it can be done question is how much you want to pay or how much work you want to do.
Old 04-07-2012, 05:58 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
We had someon on here make a fiberglass enclosure for some 8's in the rear speaker location in a fox. I am currently puttin a slim 9" in my door of my 94 gt but its not a beginners project and if I were charging someone for all the work I did it would not be cheap.

So yes it can be done question is how much you want to pay or how much work you want to do.
I will be paying some one price not really the issue but more i want a good job done and good sound . I was told the sound would be better if the sus were in the trunck. What do you think is the best way to to put sound into our convertible stang ?? I have 2 10 inch subs , 1 Kicker 08ZX700.5
700W RMS, 5-Channel ZX Series Amplifier. what else should i install and want i hooked up to our factory nav/dvd.

Thanks SDF
Old 04-07-2012, 08:44 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

Did you use the factory speaker wires for the doors or were able to fish them through the tube that connects between the door and the car?
Old 04-07-2012, 09:54 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Chromeshadow
Did you use the factory speaker wires for the doors or were able to fish them through the tube that connects between the door and the car?
I have not got that far yet but i would think new wires should be ran I will let you know in a copuple weeks
Old 04-08-2012, 10:04 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

to get wires through the boot all you need is a coat hanger and some tape. There really isn't a need to run extra wiring unless there will be multiple speakers in the door, stock wiring is fine unless you are competing.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:21 PM
superdutyfan
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ttocs
to get wires through the boot all you need is a coat hanger and some tape. There really isn't a need to run extra wiring unless there will be multiple speakers in the door, stock wiring is fine unless you are competing.

what other speakers would u recomend to add to my subs and amp above ?

Thanks SDF
Old 11-06-2012, 10:29 PM
FreddieG

Originally Posted by marcj9680
Thanks for the input, Greg! I confirmed that my MS-8 is currently getting a factory-amplified, speaker level signal from the LF/RF/RL/RR speaker wires in the trunk, and I'm certain that I hear bass roll-off at high volumes with the current setup. No matter how many times I tweak the settings on the MS-8, it sounds like the mid-bass drivers and the subwoofer are being compromised by the signal.

I brought my car back into the shop today and explained the "J4" Sub-output harness to my installer. I also reiterated that I want to cut the factory amps completely out of the equation and to instead splice into pre-factory amp high/mid signals. Here's hoping this solves it! Question for you: did you run your factory-spliced signals as Speaker Level inputs into the MS-8, or did you have to wire them up with RCA ends at the MS-8's Low-Level inputs?

I had another question regarding your "REM IN" setup on the MS-8. Do the MS-8 and your amp continue to play when you turn off the ignition/accy *AND* remove the key? With the way my equipment is wired right now, the audio cuts out as soon as I remove the key from the ignition but the Nav/Radio screen is still on (as it should be). Do you have this problem? If not, how did you overcome it? You had described that you used the "accessory switched voltage rail for REM IN". Where is this located in the vehicle?
Did you ever get your issues fixed with the MS-8? Looking at a similar setup for my 2013 and came across your post.