Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

legacy lmr 1045 need help fast.

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Default legacy lmr 1045 need help fast.

Bought the car with if half assed mounted to the headliner. No radio and no power to it. I got to remove the headliner to fix the installation. And can't its glued in. Not an issue as of now. I need help wiring this puppy for power and video. Has an s video cable and three wires for power . One red(power?) One black (ground?) And one yellow (?). What is the yellow wire for video in maybe. So I get all the wiringvpulled from the car complete uninstall. I find they had the yellow hooked to something then cut it and can't find where it was connected. Further down the line they have I'm assuming the ground hooked into the svideo cable that has been cut and spliced to have avjacks on it. Can anyone help me with this debacle?
Old 03-20-2012, 03:47 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

OK the triple set of wires that's yellow black and red is for the dome light built in. The power is derived from the svideo cable. I get video but no sound. Gonna undo their connections and redo them and see if it was just half as* of is it not supposed to get sound from the DVD player just play through the car stereo? If that's the case why is there a connection for audio?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:21 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Apparently the half asses way of mounting the monitor from the roof was the only way. I decided I was going to mount it better than it had been. Soon I kinda traces the outline of the monitor base onto the headliner. Then I kinda cut it out expecting to see some bracing under there. From there I would mount the bracket to the bracing then the monitor. Well to my utter astonishment. No bracing under the headliner. I'm now stuck with a big hole in my headliner. I figure its now either replace the headliner or Fab up some type of brace and either jB weld it in or actually have it welded in. Then use a price of plastic just bigger than the hole which is just bigger than the monitor base. Or use a piece of plastic or metal that about 3 inches bigger than the hole and go from there.or just replace the entire headliner and start over. Just seems odd that there isn't bracing in the roof. Especially at that point in the roof. Help?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:57 PM
meganzhang

same issue, just waiting someone reply.lol
Old 04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
phoenixfriend84
1st Gear Member

Well I think I found the solution to the problem. I'm going to replace my headliner and build a bracket and either run it front to back or from side to side.