Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

shaker 1000 problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2012, 07:25 AM
avalanche1962

Default shaker 1000 problem

Hello Everyone

I need a little help please.

Just bought an 08' GT with a shaker 1000 sound system. Great sound.. But I know this is gonna sound crazy.. Had the windows tinted in it two days ago.. when i went to pick up the car the guy doing the tint told me he accidently left the ignition switch on and he ran the battery down.. he had to roll the car to jump it off.. since then I notice the sub isnt working, nor do i have any lights on the radio other than the screen itself, also in the menu there is now no Shaker On/OFF setting nor is there the Auto sound adjust setting for road noise.. also i dont have the Line In anymore,. it just says no Aux input avail.

I had all these before.. its crazy

All fuses are good.

one more dumb question.. if this was a sirus radio, how would i know?

thanks for all the help
Old 07-01-2012, 09:30 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

when you say ALL fuses are good do you mean all the fuses that the manual said were related to it were good or every fuse in the box was checked and confirmed good? I ask because you would be amazed how often you find a blown fuse that has little/nothing to do with the problem you were having. When I suspect a fuse I don't bother with the manual and just pull/check every fuse. Also did you do the fusebox by the battery as well? If you did check every one then sorry to ask but we need to start from the most simple problem and work our way up.
Old 07-01-2012, 10:54 AM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by avalanche1962

one more dumb question.. if this was a sirus radio, how would i know?

thanks for all the help
If it were Sirius equipped, you'd a have a big pimple...err i mean antenna in the middle of your trunk decklid. You can't miss that eyesore

Last edited by steel pony; 07-01-2012 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-01-2012, 11:48 AM
avalanche1962

thanks for replying.. ok.. the sirus radio is ruled out now..lol.

I did check all the fuses under the hood.. the square ones i couldnt really figure out how to get them out. but the element i can see in the windows in the top off the fuses are ok.. i didnt check the ones in the car behind the panel. will do that in a few.

I did have to go and put a new battery in the car this morning. I thought maybe that would solve everything but it didnt. everything was working before the guy ran the battery down... makes no sence to me why the radio is working, but some of the features now are not.. you can hear the radio out of the woofer in the trunk but no heavy thump at all.. so I am at a lose!
Old 07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

Wiring diagram:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=40&viewfile...Navigation.pdf

Use your owners manual(use the back index for "fuses" to find the pages) to locate the related fuses should the above not be apparent(pages 1-3). The aux in only lets you use it should it detect a signal on it. It's possible he pulled out a wiring harness from the back of the head-unit or damaged something, but I'd check the SJB fuses first.

Removing/checking headunit harness connections:
http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=377&viewfile=Audio%20Unit.pdf

Last edited by wayne613; 07-01-2012 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 04:22 PM
avalanche1962

all he did was tint the windows. No reason to be under the dash. He just left the ignition switch on and killed the battery.
Old 07-01-2012, 09:56 PM
wayne613
4th Gear Member

I actually did miss your statement of the missing menu items, whoops..

The Shaker is flaky on the best of days, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if this caused something to fail internally.

I'd go ahead and yank the negative cable off the battery for 20mins again, see if you can get the shaker to reset.

This sounds remarkably like the usual replacement issue, as in losing it's as built data. See this link to get the shaker's diagnostic codes: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...965-post3.html (hold buttons 3 + 6, then press 1 during the speaker test)

Very likely your shaker unit simply didn't take kindly to this if the illumination is no longer functioning correctly, coupled with the sub-woofer menu item being missing:
Originally Posted by tsb's and service manual references
it is necessary to perform programmable module
installation (PMI) prior to removal of the old audio
unit. This information must be uploaded into the
new audio unit once installed. Failure to perform
PMI on the new audio unit may result in inoperative
backlighting and/or diagnostic trouble code (DTC)
B2477. If communication cannot be established with
old audio unit to download this information, as built
data will need to be used. As built data can be
obtained at the Professional Technician Society
(PTS) website or at www.motorcraft.com. For
additional information, refer Workshop Manual
Section 415-01 and 418-01.
So long as you're not getting the diagnostic code showing it as toast, you could have the as built data redone from a dealer should this information have been just corrupted. Although, likely you'd probably be better off putting that $100 toward a decent after-market head-unit.

Last edited by wayne613; 07-01-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:23 PM
dwmhfx

Did you get your Shaker 1000 fixed? I have the exact same problem with my 2007 caused by the battery going dead while the car was in winter storage. I like the features of the Shaker 1000 and would like to have mine fixed rather than buying an aftermarket, although the aftermarket features would be different and might out way the Shaker. I like the convertible option while I have the top down.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:58 AM
matt7730

Default Shaker 1000 issue

So I'm driving down the road and everything is fine with the radio, suddenly the radio is dead. Well so I thought. Radio works, goes through its channels, but all I can hear is deep base from the truck. No other speakers work. WTH. I took off the battery, removed the fuses, re attached the battery, did the idle checklist thing, put the fuses back in, no change in the radio. Any suggestions?
Old 07-31-2014, 06:23 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by matt7730
So I'm driving down the road and everything is fine with the radio, suddenly the radio is dead. Well so I thought. Radio works, goes through its channels, but all I can hear is deep base from the truck. No other speakers work. WTH. I took off the battery, removed the fuses, re attached the battery, did the idle checklist thing, put the fuses back in, no change in the radio. Any suggestions?
are the lower door subwoofers working? Sounds like the amp IC in the radio (powering the front and rear 2-way speakers) may have died.

Quick Reply: shaker 1000 problem