Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Subwoofer Box Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 09:38 AM
xxIMMAxBEASTxx

Question Subwoofer Box Question

Awesome website guys glad I joined forsure. I purchased a 2003 Mustang GT only days ago and im glad I did.

I guess I might as well ask a question while im on here. The 10" I had in the car busted already. Best Buy had 2 Kenwood 12's for $120 so I picked them up. My next step obviously is getting a box, but I do not know the dimensions of the trunk or box that could fit. Can anybody help me out?

Thanks ahead of time
Old 09-25-2012, 06:40 PM
GearheadDiva

Congrats on your Mustang!

If you're looking for a pre-built box, a good place to look is eBay. You'll find a variety of sub layouts and the builder (seller) will usually include compatible years/models and dimensions.

Here are a few results based on a search I did: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=...ofer+Enclosure

Once you find a layout you like, measure that area in your trunk to be sure it will fit and that the interior dimensions fall within your subs' requirements (most subs will list this in their instructions). A seller with good ratings may be willing to build an enclosure on the side for you to match your sub requirements or at least help verify fitment for what they have listed online. You can also hire someone locally to do this.

Alternatively, if you're up to it and have a little time you can build an enclosure on your own for a fraction of the price. Here's a tutorial on how to build a subwoofer box for your car.

Good luck and let us know how you made out!