Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Stereo Install 2002 - not mach

Old 01-29-2013, 08:32 AM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

Default Stereo Install 2002 - not mach

Guys, trying to install a stereo on a friend's '02 v6. The car is NOT the mach stereo, but it was a 6 disc. I got a wiring kit, and installed the stereo without issue. No matter what adjustments I make to the sound of the stereo, there is no bass. I know that it is not the deck because I just removed the deck from their old truck, and it was putting bass out then. In the Mustang, there were a few other wires connected to the back of the stereo. I think there were 3 connectors. The wiring kit I bought only had 1, for the main wiring. Even though the stereo is not the Mach, does it still had some sort of amplifiers that need to be activated with an additional wiring harness? I should mention, that the factory 6 disc although sucking, did put out lower response levels than the aftermarket that is installed now.

Thanks in advance. I searched, but the only thing I could find was for the Mach stereos.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:34 AM
ttocs
6th Gear Member

was there a small octaganolly shapped box under the radio? Try hooking up the remote turn on to the amp turn on and see what happens.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
carlspeed
1st Gear Member

No box, just went straight to cover over drive train
Old 02-18-2013, 10:51 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Well the mach stereo did come with three connectors.

http://mustangboards.com/show-shine-...-mustangs.html

That's a good write up but it was for a car with a mach system

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/show...number=265-790

I just installed an aftermarket stereo but it was on a mach system. That was the one that I used which comes with the 2 connectors, the middle one in the car was not used. If the smaller connector wasn't plugged in with the rca cables going behind the stereo my car would have no bass.

Last edited by TRMach1; 02-18-2013 at 10:53 PM.