Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
coldeagle

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang GT/CS
Default Two harness hook up on factory HU

Hello folks:

Have an odd question. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in my Mustang and I'm leaning towards the AOEM-FRD24. It appears to work just fine with the S197 OEM HU's. I'm also planning on getting a LockPick, I have a CS and would like to have a backup camera.

The two hook into the same harness. Before I go about getting these two items, I wanted to get input and see if there are any potential issues that I should be aware of? I don't foresee any issues due to the fact that it's just wire to wire, but as I said just want to see if anyone can foresee any issues before I go out and buy the stuff.

Thanks for the input!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
coldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 Mustang Fastback
Send a message via Yahoo to Iskwezm

The AOEM will work if you are only adding a 4 channel amp.It will not give a sub output so if you are adding subs and have shaker system, its best to tap into the sub signal from the amp.

I might have a few AOEM's laying around if you want to save a few bucks.

2006 Mustang Gt 'Vert-12 sec. daily driver-sold
2006 F250 PSD,9"lift,37's on 20's,King coilovers,air ride,Gearheads 120hp tune,Phoenix Gold 6600 watts,4 12's
1965 FASTBACK- 18X8 18X9.5" TSW's 235/275 M/T's,
http://www.mustangandfords.com/featu...own/index.html
Iskwezm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:14 PM   #3
Bigpip54

Vehicle: 2010 ford expedition

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldeagle View Post
Hello folks:

Have an odd question. I'm looking to upgrade the sound in my Mustang and I'm leaning towards the AOEM-FRD24. It appears to work just fine with the S197 OEM HU's. I'm also planning on getting a LockPick, I have a CS and would like to have a backup camera.

The two hook into the same harness. Before I go about getting these two items, I wanted to get input and see if there are any potential issues that I should be aware of? I don't foresee any issues due to the fact that it's just wire to wire, but as I said just want to see if anyone can foresee any issues before I go out and buy the stuff.

Thanks for the input!
I know this is an old thread, but I was wondering if you actually connected the two harnesses together, and if so, how did it work out? I am currently considering the same thing and would like some feedback before I do it.
Bigpip54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2014, 09:14 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement