Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-18-2013, 03:27 PM   #1
Googleme

Vehicle: 05
Facebook.com/Googlemelol
Default Stereo removal with no face?

Hey guys, just bought a 2000 gt stick.

It has five problems, 4 of them are leaks and the other one is it has a stereo installed but its missing the face. Funny thing is, this is my biggest problem with the car not the leaks lol.

searched the forums for similar issues and ive only seen people removing stereos with faces...looked on youtube and same thing. Found out about the metal U tools (forgot what theyre called) but those wont work for me since the stereo is missing the face. I would do that to remove the stock radio, but im afraid thats useless too because the wiring it attached to the aftermarket radio im trying to take out.

Any suggestions would be great, i was quoted at $125 to remove the stereo and have the one i bought installed but i prefer to finish my own projects not let shops do em.

Here's a pic incase my explanation sucked lol as you can see its stuck in there with no place to insert the spring tool:

Click the image to open in full size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Googleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #2
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

It is held in by metal tabs. if you don't care about the radio that is in there (what I expected), you should be able to stick a stiff thin piece of metal like a screwdriver down each side of the radio to release the tab.
If you buy a new radio it might come with the little tool to release the radio. I would love for you to pay me $125 to do it, but that is outrageous in my mind.
one time I took the dashboard off of a car to get the radio out, so if you cant do it any other way, that might be an option, but I am 99% certain that you can get it out with a thin piece of metal.
I did a search for radio removal tools and the flat thin piece of steel/aluminum type should get it out no problem.
I hope that helps.
ticopowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #3
Googleme

Vehicle: 05
Facebook.com/Googlemelol

it did help thanks i found the tool and installed the new radio, didnt even need the adapter it fit the wires perfectly thanks man!
Googleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 PM   #4
drunkyoda
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2014 White PP
lShAdOwStRiKel

well that was easy lol glad you got it figured out o and welcome to MF
drunkyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 05:33 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement