Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Ford Sync is kind of a jerk

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Stangette

On the upside because of your problems with SYNC I now know that I have not in fact been doing this wrong. I thought it was me. My mom just bought a dodge and after syncing her phone on day one it automatically recognizes her phone and Bluetooth hooks up immediately every time. I want that kind of experience, not the push 20 buttons every time I get in and drive a mile, i gave up on voice commands they have never worked properly.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE SYNC PLEASE
Old 02-02-2014, 05:11 PM
70monte
1st Gear Member

Makes me glad I didn't get sync. That kind of stuff would drive me crazy. I guess that is why I bought a base model car so there would be less things to go wrong. I hope you guys get this resolved.

Wayne
Old 02-22-2014, 11:15 PM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

I've complained about Ford Sync before, but after my experience with my wifes Mazda, I'm going to stop complain about Ford. I've had my Ford for about 16 months, and perhaps 3 times sync locked up and would not play or respond. Stopping and restarting the car fixed the problem. Sounds like a typical micsoft-moron kinda problem, but not a big deal, because it doesn't happen very often. My other issue is that when starting up, about 1/2 the time it remembers that I was listening to the USB stick, but the other half of the time it comes up with the radio instead, a simple press of the Aux button and it's back to USB. And it picks up on the last song I was listening to at the exact spot I stopped. Now I have a USB stick with 600 songs on it. And if I make major changes it will do a re-index, which can slow things down. But once that;s done once, it seems to remember the indexing and comes up fast.

But wait until you hear how badly the engineers at Mazda did it. It almost makes in unusable. I put the same 600 stick song in, and it indexes nicely, takes 1-2 minutes, and lists the songs on the LCD screen. Nice, no voice commands but you can pick the songs from the screen, by genre, or play-list. It's confusing and takes quite a few clicks to get what you want. Tolerable, as long as the passenger is doing it not the driver. But thats not the big problem. Every time you start the car, it goes through the indexing cycle again. Then starts up with the first song on the stick. Completely forgetting where I was at or what sequence of songs I wast listening to. Then you have to go in a elect it the songs and skip the ones you've just heard. This is horrible.

Thankfully Ford (or MicroSoft) was smart enough to remember the index list and what song you were listening to, Why they can't remember that you were listening to the Radio v.s. USB seems pretty silly. But nowhere near the moronic way the Mazda works.
Old 02-23-2014, 11:51 AM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by dkpGTCS
I have been having issues with my Sync telling me my USB has been removed - it seems like it comes in bunches. It will work for a week then all of a sudden it will cause problems for a day.

I had a Focus ST for a while that had MyFordTouch. After the last software update I had zero issues with it. I learned to love it. Hopefully there are more software updates to come, but I am concerned Ford is more worried about MFT and won't work on our version.
Hi dkpGTCS,

Unfortunately, I can't speculate on future updates. Check your account periodically to see if any updates become available for your vehicle: www.Support.Ford.com
If one is released, it will be announced here as well: http://boards.synccommunity.com/disc...b?redirCnt=1&=

Originally Posted by Stangette
On the upside because of your problems with SYNC I now know that I have not in fact been doing this wrong. I thought it was me. My mom just bought a dodge and after syncing her phone on day one it automatically recognizes her phone and Bluetooth hooks up immediately every time. I want that kind of experience, not the push 20 buttons every time I get in and drive a mile, i gave up on voice commands they have never worked properly.

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE SYNC PLEASE
Hi Stangette,

Which type of phone are you using? It sounds like the phone isn't automatically connecting to SYNC. What happens instead?

Originally Posted by vegas_
I've complained about Ford Sync before, but after my experience with my wifes Mazda, I'm going to stop complain about Ford. I've had my Ford for about 16 months, and perhaps 3 times sync locked up and would not play or respond. Stopping and restarting the car fixed the problem. Sounds like a typical micsoft-moron kinda problem, but not a big deal, because it doesn't happen very often. My other issue is that when starting up, about 1/2 the time it remembers that I was listening to the USB stick, but the other half of the time it comes up with the radio instead, a simple press of the Aux button and it's back to USB. And it picks up on the last song I was listening to at the exact spot I stopped. Now I have a USB stick with 600 songs on it. And if I make major changes it will do a re-index, which can slow things down. But once that;s done once, it seems to remember the indexing and comes up fast.

Thankfully Ford (or MicroSoft) was smart enough to remember the index list and what song you were listening to, Why they can't remember that you were listening to the Radio v.s. USB seems pretty silly. But nowhere near the moronic way the Mazda works.
Hi vegas_,

I just wanted to confirm that there are no settings within the SYNC system which will allow you to select a default source, I recommend continuing to use the voice commands to switch between them. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble with your screen locking up. As of now, it sounds like it is working properly again, so I will not suggest any troubleshooting.

Kim
Old 02-24-2014, 10:06 AM
vegas_
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hi vegas_,

I just wanted to confirm that there are no settings within the SYNC system which will allow you to select a default source, I recommend continuing to use the voice commands to switch between them. Please let me know if you continue to have trouble with your screen locking up. As of now, it sounds like it is working properly again, so I will not suggest any troubleshooting.

Kim
Thank you for reading and responding to our ramblings.
I think my post did not quite express my great satisfaction with my Ford.
Playing MP3's with Sync is not perfect, but very very close, maybe a 9.5 out of 10.
In the Mazda, it's maybe a 2 out of 10.
Old 02-25-2014, 12:18 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by vegas_
Thank you for reading and responding to our ramblings.
I think my post did not quite express my great satisfaction with my Ford.
Playing MP3's with Sync is not perfect, but very very close, maybe a 9.5 out of 10.
In the Mazda, it's maybe a 2 out of 10.
It's my pleasure. I'm glad you're enjoying the Mustang. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Kim
Old 02-25-2014, 01:00 PM
Stangette

I got a new iPhone recently and it seems to do better with the sync. In the end when I got the new phone I deleted all other users and started from scratch, in AZ 112 degrees outside, it took me a couple of hours in the hotel parking lot. What it did was hook up randomly (full blast and scaring the crap out of me) then all of a sudden it would disappear and sync could find no device. The new one works better. One question though why doesn't the song information work with the Bluetooth?
Old 02-25-2014, 02:24 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

I got a new iPhone recently and it seems to do better with the sync. In the end when I got the new phone I deleted all other users and started from scratch, in AZ 112 degrees outside, it took me a couple of hours in the hotel parking lot. What it did was hook up randomly (full blast and scaring the crap out of me) then all of a sudden it would disappear and sync could find no device. The new one works better. One question though why doesn't the song information work with the Bluetooth?
I think track info display only works on MyFord Touch.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:52 PM
FordIVTteam
Official Ford Rep

One question though why doesn't the song information work with the Bluetooth?
Hi Stangette,

Your SYNC system does not support the streaming of metadata via Bluetooth. jz78817 is correct; the MyFord Touch system does have this capability.

Kim
Old 02-26-2014, 04:43 PM
Stangette

Bummer, what would it take to upgrade to the touchscreen with nav?

Quick Reply: Ford Sync is kind of a jerk