Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

mysterious square hole inside center console

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Dave McFly

Question mysterious square hole inside center console

I recently bought my car and as I was going over every inch of the car looking for hidden stuff I came across this mystery. NOTE I do not have the owners manual or even the brochure (both are ordered and on route as I type this). it is inside the center console all the way to the front and left (next to the 12v accessory jack) it is square almost rectangular and has a cover that was no on it but snaps over said hole. My car does have the Shaker sound system, one of my fellow ford guys said that was where the USB jack goes for plugging in a MP3 player. if this is the case where do I get it and is it something that somebody who knows how to install car audio stuff can do?

PS it looks like I have a 2nd 12v outlet to the right of the one in there (circular cap same size as the one on the dash above the radio) can a 2nd jack be added inside the console as well or should I just get a splitter if I want to plug a phone and or a MP3 player in there at the same time?
Old 09-21-2013, 04:25 PM
aaaa1236
1st Gear Member

Unsure on initial purpose, but when i added my pioneer head unit it was absolutely perfect for running a usb cord. Its just space behind it.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:03 AM
TheDalaiLloyd

No clue either but I ran my aux cable and charger through there and out the dash.