Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Raxiom Navigation?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 08:33 AM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Default Raxiom Navigation?

Has anybody tried out the new Raxiom Navigation system that American Muscle is selling (http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-gps-nav-1014.html), or the Rosen/CarShow version? Does it work well? Are there any similar alternatives that keep SYNC and look close to stock?
Old 10-08-2013, 09:34 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by rvastang
Has anybody tried out the new Raxiom Navigation system that American Muscle is selling (http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-gps-nav-1014.html), or the Rosen/CarShow version? Does it work well? Are there any similar alternatives that keep SYNC and look close to stock?
I actually installed the Raxiom Navigation on my 2011 GT last weekend and it was a breeze. The fit and function is all there and I love everything about this Nav. I really like the red light camera and speed trap detectors!

I wrote a complete write up on this item. Check it out! https://mustangforums.com/forum/amer...a-10-14-a.html

-Dan
Old 10-08-2013, 09:48 AM
rvastang
1st Gear Member

Thanks, Dan. That's a great write-up. Are there any videos or anything of the interface in action?

How about anyone else? I'd love to hear from someone else too (not knocking Dan's work, just looking for other perspectives/experiences).
Old 10-08-2013, 10:16 PM
flynavy

I got it last week and I love it. i installed it myself in about 2 hours time. The reverse camera works great and the GPS Navigation is pretty nice. A lot of neat features. It was the capability to use two cameras, which some people have mentioned getting a second camera to put in the front to monitor proximity to curbs when parking, or you could probably plug some other multimedia video device into it. The interface is really simple to use and the touch screen works well with its sensitivity level. Everyone online had ripped this thing for the screen being "too small" but honestly a 7" screen is more than sufficient. Everyone raves about these other dash kits for putting android devices in as the screen, or having to get 400 dollars worth of parts and then still have to buy an 800 dollar kenwood headunit to use it. To me, this is perfect for those like me who don't care about the super fancy stuff with the other options. This does exactly what I want. I now have a factory like navigation unit and backup camera, in a very simple to install plug and play setup, while sitll maintaining my stock functionality and features. People also ripped the bezel and said it looks stupid or it doesn't look right...all that. Whatever. It looks like it came from the factory like this. No one who doesn't keep up with the Mustang parts world would ever know that this didn't come as original equipment on the car.

If you're looking to upgrade the capabilities of your audio system as far as power from the headunit and all that then this isn't for you since it uses the stock radio internals. However, if you're trying to get more functionality out of your car and you're satisfied with your Shaker 500 sound system like I am (I have longtube headers and no cats so that is the sound I prefer to hear most of the time) then this is the easiest and best option out there in my opinion. And frankly, one of the cheapest options as well.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:32 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Thanks, Dan. That's a great write-up. Are there any videos or anything of the interface in action?

How about anyone else? I'd love to hear from someone else too (not knocking Dan's work, just looking for other perspectives/experiences).
Thanks man!

Yes, were in the process of creating an installation video and guide for this Navigation. Basically explaining all of the fit, functions, driving footage etc...

Stay tuned!

-Dan

Originally Posted by flynavy
I got it last week and I love it. i installed it myself in about 2 hours time. The reverse camera works great and the GPS Navigation is pretty nice. A lot of neat features. It was the capability to use two cameras, which some people have mentioned getting a second camera to put in the front to monitor proximity to curbs when parking, or you could probably plug some other multimedia video device into it. The interface is really simple to use and the touch screen works well with its sensitivity level. Everyone online had ripped this thing for the screen being "too small" but honestly a 7" screen is more than sufficient. Everyone raves about these other dash kits for putting android devices in as the screen, or having to get 400 dollars worth of parts and then still have to buy an 800 dollar kenwood headunit to use it. To me, this is perfect for those like me who don't care about the super fancy stuff with the other options. This does exactly what I want. I now have a factory like navigation unit and backup camera, in a very simple to install plug and play setup, while sitll maintaining my stock functionality and features. People also ripped the bezel and said it looks stupid or it doesn't look right...all that. Whatever. It looks like it came from the factory like this. No one who doesn't keep up with the Mustang parts world would ever know that this didn't come as original equipment on the car.

If you're looking to upgrade the capabilities of your audio system as far as power from the headunit and all that then this isn't for you since it uses the stock radio internals. However, if you're trying to get more functionality out of your car and you're satisfied with your Shaker 500 sound system like I am (I have longtube headers and no cats so that is the sound I prefer to hear most of the time) then this is the easiest and best option out there in my opinion. And frankly, one of the cheapest options as well.
I'm glad to hear you're really enjoying your Raxiom Navigation! Great write up.

-Dan
Old 10-11-2013, 03:01 PM
Andrew Christian
2nd Gear Member

I saw the video and it looks pretty sweet. My 07 is starting to look a little long in the tooth... :/
Old 10-19-2013, 10:05 PM
RideThePony2007

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I actually installed the Raxiom Navigation on my 2011 GT last weekend and it was a breeze. The fit and function is all there and I love everything about this Nav. I really like the red light camera and speed trap detectors!

I wrote a complete write up on this item. Check it out! https://mustangforums.com/forum/amer...a-10-14-a.html

-Dan
oooo speed traps eh?

Any chance of raxiom making them for an 07?
Old 11-23-2013, 10:09 AM
Moronix
1st Gear Member

I have the Rosen version. To be honest I'm not happy with the tech support. I have written 4 emails to Rosen and not even an acknowledgement that I exist. Prior to that I wrote a couple emails to AM with the same results. The Rosen unit I purchased comes with a 3 yr warranty if it's installed in a new car purchased in the past 30 days, otherwise they say the warranty is good for 1 year. The map database is at least 3 years old judging by some of the info provided in my area. There was no free map update provided either. There is supposed to be map updates available for the Rosen version for about $60 at Naviextras.com. Don't think I will purchase one because I expect it to still be outdated as most "new" databases are.
Bottom line: I like the unit. It has some drawbacks but for the money it's good. I paid $590 for mine with free shipping.
Old 12-06-2013, 07:57 PM
Ou7laW

Has anybody swapped their 6 cd changer for a single disc to install the Raxiom Navi? If so, can you tell me how that process work?
Old 01-19-2014, 04:06 PM
sbradle4
2nd Gear Member

I would get the Raxiom, but I have the 6 disc changer, so I suppose I cant have it.

Quick Reply: Raxiom Navigation?