Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2014, 12:44 AM
hobbie1

Got a question - how do you keep the maps updated with fresh data for this system?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:53 AM
hobbie1

Originally Posted by 12V Guy
Yes, the Kenwood installs seamlessly. You not only get a great kit that retains the use of your OEM top display, the radio is placed higher in the dash, you get a pocket with flush mounted USB ports to complement the factory Sync USB (if you have Sync) and you get heater/AC controls in the radio, a full gauges package, and a screen with TMPS and check engine diagnostics.

Finally, unlike the competitive solution, you are actually replacing the radio so you will get better connectivity, better sound quality and more options.

You can get everything you need from a local retailer or Crutchfield. You will need:

2013/2014 Kenwood DNX or DNN navigation radio
ADS-MRR interface module
MUS1 - ADS Mustang dash kit and T-harness

That's it!

Cheers,
Was wondering did you need to add a Sirius adapter to get satellite radio working. If I do the upgrade I want to have my Sirius and Sync functions in place.
Old 10-11-2014, 08:01 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hobbie1
Was wondering did you need to add a Sirius adapter to get satellite radio working. If I do the upgrade I want to have my Sirius and Sync functions in place.
yeah, you need to add the SiriusXM SXV-200 tuner. The nice thing is it should work with your OE Sirius antenna with a small connector adapter.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:30 AM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
yeah, you need to add the SiriusXM SXV-200 tuner. The nice thing is it should work with your OE Sirius antenna with a small connector adapter.
Will that Sirius tuner work on a non-Sync, non-satellite radio car if I wanted to add the Raxiom/Rosen unit and Satellite radio? I looked at a diagram of the back of the Raxiom head unit and I don't see a place to plug the satellite tuner in. I'm looking to add the Sirius in a way that would allow me to use the Raxiom head unit to control it. AM says it should work with the auxiliary input on the back of the head unit, but I don't see anything that looks like the Sirius plug would fit it.

Last edited by GLOCKer; 11-20-2014 at 10:50 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 02:42 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
Will that Sirius tuner work on a non-Sync, non-satellite radio car if I wanted to add the Raxiom/Rosen unit and Satellite radio? I looked at a diagram of the back of the Raxiom head unit and I don't see a place to plug the satellite tuner in. I'm looking to add the Sirius in a way that would allow me to use the Raxiom head unit to control it. AM says it should work with the auxiliary input on the back of the head unit, but I don't see anything that looks like the Sirius plug would fit it.
the SXV-200 needs to be used with a head unit that specifically supports it (direct connect.) you'd need one of the portable car/home tuners to use with the Raxiom.
Old 11-20-2014, 04:49 PM
GLOCKer
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
the SXV-200 needs to be used with a head unit that specifically supports it (direct connect.) you'd need one of the portable car/home tuners to use with the Raxiom.
Ouch! I was afraid of that. So no integration unless I buy an aftermarket head unit like a Kenwood and a dash kit and satellite tuner.
Old 11-21-2014, 06:48 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GLOCKer
Ouch! I was afraid of that. So no integration unless I buy an aftermarket head unit like a Kenwood and a dash kit and satellite tuner.
yeah. Scosche makes such a dash kit, but it comes with its own control panel for the HVAC and it ain't cheap.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:44 AM
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

I have the metra bezel in my mustang, I like it but it was expensive, something like $300. If I did it again I would get the imaestro datalink system (I forget the exact name). It integrates to kenwood units for sync and climate control along with all the other standard nav/bluetooth/hd radio/sat radio options.
I do think the raxiom setup now has a non-sync option, but I don't know about the satellite hookup.
Old 04-11-2017, 06:07 AM
Orlando Rodriguez

Default Unhappy with service

I know this thread is going on three years old but I wanted to chime in because I have the Raxiom unit in question. I bought my mustang with 15k miles on it. The previous owner had installed the unit. The display stopped working one day. The unit was still under warranty but Rosen would not replace the display because the warranty doesn't transfer from the original owner. The best they could do was offer me dealer pricing on a new one which would be $631.89. I'm not about to spend that kind of money on a unit that didn't even last a year. Hope this helps anyone looking at purchasing this unit.
Old 04-14-2017, 12:35 PM
Gravydog316
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Orlando Rodriguez
I know this...
American Muscle owns part (or all) of Raxiom, which is all junky garbage;
I was going to get their new radio, until i read the reviews...
nothing but problems with them
(& all other Raxiom products...
i have been waiting almost a year for AM to help me with a Raxiom taillight exchange...
i got banned on Mustang Evolution for complaining about this (AM is their sponsor,)
but i'm telling everyone who mentions AM or Raxiom.
There are better places to spend my hard-earned money...

(& do you notice how there hasn't been anyone from American Muscle on here on other forums in almost a year? Because i sure have...)

Last edited by Gravydog316; 04-14-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quick Reply: Is there anywhere besides American Muscle that I can buy a Raxiom Navigation System?