Audio/Visual ElectronicsWired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.
Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.
You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
Parts you will need:
• 01-04 Mustang A/C and Radio Bezel
• #3 01-04 Mustang Fog Light Switch Deletes
• 2001-05 Select Ford Double ISO-DIN Installation Kit (Scosche Part # FD1428B)
Tools/Hardware you will need:
• Basic tool set
• Dremel with various cutting pieces
• Small paintbrushes to apply the epoxy
• Drill and bit set
• Self-tapping screw and some washers
Steps for double din swap and head unit mounting:
1. Disconnect the battery before working with your radios wire harnesses
2. Remove the gear shift bezel
3. Remove the stock radio and cd player from the stock radio trim bezel
4. Extract the two screws located underneath the top din opening
5. Extract the one screw on the back of the support piece that attached to the stock radio trim bezel
6. Now you can remove the stock radio trim bezel
7. Use a dremel tool (or something else that cuts) to grind away at the two brackets that the stock radio trim bezel mounted to. Make the edges flush with the original cutout for proper fit of the new radio bezel https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...0/856/c494.jpg
8. In order for the 01-04 A/C and Radio Bezel to fit, you must remove the bottom metal clips and grind away some of the plastic ***** that they were mounted to https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...0/853/ruce.jpg
9. In order to make space for the three 01-04 Mustang Fog Light Switch Deletes to fit I removed a section of plastic from behind them with the dremel tool https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...0/546/z3w3.jpg
10. Mount your new head unit to the Scosche installation kit per their instructions
11. Remove the support piece from the stock radio trim bezel by carefully prying the two apart and attach the rear bracket support from the Scosche installation kit
12. With the support pieces together fit the 01-04 Mustang A/C and Radio Bezel into your dash to figure out placement of the rear support pieces and mark where you will need to drill a small hole for the self-tapping screw (the front of the support piece just rest on the radio bezel and delete plug). Take your time and make sure everything fits correctly https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...0/853/7ki2.jpg
13. Remove everything from the dash so you can attach the support piece now that you have your hole marked https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...0/823/kguh.jpg https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...90/30/2zac.jpg
14. I used epoxy to secure my head unit to the back of the 01-04 Mustang A/C and Radio Bezel. Follow the directions for the epoxy you obtain. https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/37...90/36/69ff.jpg
15. After your epoxy dries, attach your wire harnesses and fit the 01-04 Mustang A/C and Radio Bezel with the new head unit attached into the dash and you are done!
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members. Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware
corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford
Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor