Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-12-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
dragonstorm

Vehicle: 2003 ford mustang
Default Audio System Help

I have been searching as many websites as i can find. I am trying to figure out what size speakers for the front doors and the lower speakers in the back on a 2003 vert, with mach audio system. every time i find something its a different size.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
dragonstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM   #2
dragonstorm

Also i have some blown speakers, so I need to replace them, But after reading all these post it would seem i cant use aftermarket speakers because of the mach 460 system, is that correct? If so is there a work around so i can replace the speakers? i have a aftermarket HU also.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:25 AM   #3
ticopowell
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

You should be able to use aftermarket speakers, check crutchfield, they should be willing to tell you the right size and sell you speakers that work fine. my guess is that they are 5x7/6x8 speakers... those are usually about the same size and fit in the stock mounting spots for newer mustangs, but I don't know for sure on the size.
ticopowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 05:06 AM   #4
dragonstorm

i thought the mach systems had different ohm speakers and what not? im new to this system is why im asking
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 AM   #5
dj2014

Vehicle: 2014 Ford Mustang V6 Premium

Go to Crutchfield and click on the "Outfit my car" link. For your 2003, it shows---
"◦Front Door: 5x7"

Far Rear speakers
◦Rear Seat Side Panels: 6-1/2" Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location.
◦Trunk: SUB BOX Your factory speaker doesn’t match any aftermarket speaker size exactly. Here, we list the largest speaker that will fit in the factory location. As you shop, we’ll show you all options for this location."
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement