Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Audio/Visual Electronics
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-22-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
JTFS

Vehicle: 1993 Ford Mustang 2.3 LX
Default Speaker Upgrade from Stock - Help needed

I have a 93 LX with a stock "Premium Sound System" with some type of amp under the passenger seat. The stereo is a simple unit and I am sure the speakers are not so great either. If I was to keep the stock stereo, (Only due to I want to keep the original look) What speakers would be a good choice. I figure I would like to stay under $100.00 for the rear pair which are 5 x7's. I also have speakers in the door and dash. Any help would be appreciated.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
JTFS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 01:51 AM   #2
Maxwelhse
4th Gear Member

You're going to be pretty limited by your budget and goal of maintaining the factory source unit. I would suggest that you go down to the store and try out a few speakers to see what you like best. If your factory speakers are functioning in reasonable condition today you probably won't notice much difference at all except the rear possibly being louder due to more efficient, or lower resistance, speakers. That's pretty much the opposite of what you want since humans are designed to listen from the front.

The single biggest thing you can do to improve the sound quality for as little money as possible is change the source unit out. Even the lowest cost dirt simple Pioneer will be a HUGE improvement over a stock '90s Ford unit.

Whatever you do please buy the wire harness adapters so you don't cut up the factory wiring. You can always go back easily later that way and it's only original once.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:51 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement