Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

New Guy Audio Upgrade Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2016, 06:30 PM
jdapplonie

Default New Guy Audio Upgrade Question

Just bought a 2013 V6 Mustang.

Just the basic radio system factory installed. AM/FM CD Player - No Sirius Satellite Radio but it is SYNC equipped. Not real impressed with the Sync as I can't get it to playback from Google Play or IHeart radio, it will play through the Aux plug but not Bluetooth or USB.

Here is the question (s).

What does the forum recommend in the line of an audio upgrade?

What i would like-
Retain the functions offered by the stock setup, steering wheel controls, compass, outside temp gauge. Would be ideal if the recommended set up retains the hidden mic for voice functions.
Adding Nav would be nice but not a requirement, the Garmin actually works for me. Back up camera would be cool but not required, I am apprehensive about trying to drill holes and pull wiring.
Satellite Radio - don't want a Sat radio antenna and wiring sitting on top of my car. Is there a factory antenna hiding in the car just waiting to be used?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions, I have participated in several Forums like this and find that engaging the actual consumer brings the best input.