Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

upgrading stock shaker 1000 sub to shelby/kicker sub

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2016, 02:13 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Default upgrading stock shaker 1000 sub to shelby/kicker sub

so I'm curious. I would think I'm not the only person who wanted to upgrade from the stock shaker 1000 sub to the smaller kicker one.

I'm not looking to debate that I could have gotten one 'better', or 'cheaper'. I got the one I wanted. I made my decision, and I'm good with it.

Now, I am only curious as to anyone who might have also made this change, and if they were able to use all the stock wiring, or if they rewired everything using the provided wiring. I already upgraded to a Kenwood DNX893S a few months ago, and had previously installed the 4.1 amp as well as switching out the stock speakers to the kicker ones.

Andretti
Old 12-29-2016, 04:42 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

I think I have that Kicker sub, the one that tucks into the right corner of the trunk out of the way?
Can't answer your wiring question because my car had the lower lever Shaker system without a sub at all, so I bought this along the amplifier from Shelby to make my upgrade. I can predict that you're going to like that sub once you get it hooked up.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:23 PM
Andretti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by WJBertrand
I think I have that Kicker sub, the one that tucks into the right corner of the trunk out of the way?
Can't answer your wiring question because my car had the lower lever Shaker system without a sub at all, so I bought this along the amplifier from Shelby to make my upgrade. I can predict that you're going to like that sub once you get it hooked up.
Thanks for the reply.

Well, I just got it all put in. I ended up glancing at the instructions, but decided that I could figure it out since the only instructions were for a new install (never having a sub).

I can say, now that its in, that it is pretty awesome. I absolutely now need to replace my carpet since some of the trunk frame is now showing due to the reduction in size of the sub.

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the upgrade.

Andretti
Old 01-12-2017, 03:19 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Andretti

All in all, I'm extremely happy with the upgrade.

Andretti
Told you so!