Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Loud pop on radio and Sync went dead

Old 01-03-2017, 06:24 PM
WJBertrand
2nd Gear Member

Default Loud pop on radio and Sync went dead

I was driving along listening to a podcast via bluetooth when there was a loud pop in the speakers and the podcast stopped. The display still showed the title of the podcast and the bluetooth symbol was still present but no functions other than the manual radio controls would respond. Tried shutting the radio on and of a couple of times to no effect. The menu button would not work for other than the radio, phone, voice etc buttons all dead.
I pulled into a parking lot to look at my phone, podcast was still playing but in the settings it was disconnected from bluetooth, a couple of tries to reconnect it failed.
I tried shutting off the car and opening the door then closing the door and turning the key back on - no change a first. Not sure what I did but eventually pressing the menu button, the display came up asking if I wanted to pair a phone, pressed ok and saw the name my phone displayed. Voice and sync functions returned. WTH happened?
I've got the premium package without navigation on my '13 GT

Search this Thread