Audio/Visual Electronics Wired up? Everyone's got some sort of electrical modification... let's hear about it here.

Help with installing radio

Old 02-09-2017, 01:11 PM
BigJohn

Default Help with installing radio

Hi, I own a 1966 mustang coupe and I am wanting to install an aftermarket radio with a subwoofer and amp to go along with it. The thing I need help with is were to connect the red power wire and the yellow constant power wire as well as where to connect the amp and subwoofer power wires. And do I need another solenoid or any relays to do all this. Thanks.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:21 PM
GetRekt

Not familiar with a 66 but in my 85 I put in an aftermarket radio. If you have a volt meter or test light you just need to find a source of constant power, a source of power that is only on with the key on (switched), and then you just need to find a good ground for your ground wire. With that done, you need to tap your switched wire and run the remote wire from your amp to that. In the trunk find a good solid ground and run your ground wire from the amp to that, make sure it is no longer than 3', the shorter the better. Finally for your power wire just run it straight from the battery positive, through the car, to the amp. Make sure you place an inline fuse on your ground cable within 12-18" of the battery. If you need anything else answered feel free to ask!

Search this Thread