Bullitt Mustangs

Low mileage Bullitts in the $20k's?

Old 09-12-2007, 05:17 PM
mustangrich
1st Gear Member

Default Low mileage Bullitts in the $20k's?

I've been shopping for a Bullitt for a while now and the people that have the low mileage ones are asking $20k and up. Book values on them are only slightly more than regular GT's, but their answer to this is that Kelley Blue Book does not address/give accurate values for collector cars. Are these cars really going in that price range or is this a case of people trying to unload their collector car for top dollar before the '08 Bullitts hit the dealerships?

By the way, I drove one for the first time today and it blew me away. I could tell night and day differences between the Bullitt and my stock '02 V6 just rolling through the parking lot. Now I'm totally screwed because I want one more now than I did before.
Old 09-12-2007, 05:25 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Low mileage Bullitts in the $20k's?

ORIGINAL: mustangrich

I've been shopping for a Bullitt for a while now and the people that have the low mileage ones are asking $20k and up. Book values on them are only slightly more than regular GT's, but their answer to this is that Kelley Blue Book does not address/give accurate values for collector cars. Are these cars really going in that price range or is this a case of people trying to unload their collector car for top dollar before the '08 Bullitts hit the dealerships?

By the way, I drove one for the first time today and it blew me away. I could tell night and day differences between the Bullitt and my stock '02 V6 just rolling through the parking lot. Now I'm totally screwed because I want one more now than I did before.
There's going to be an 08 bullitt???

They're not that much faster or better handling that a regular old GT which is why blue-book only says they're run a bit more. But there is a collectors/limited factorthat those Blue book companies don't take into account. Is it really worth it to you to buy a bullitt over a GT? Now a MACH I is a different story.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:03 PM
NeedStangSpeed
3rd Gear Member

I ate a mach 1 for lunch at the track
Old 09-12-2007, 06:47 PM
mustangrich
1st Gear Member

I liked this car A LOT. The suspension was extremely tight, better-handling than even my mother's BMW 3. I realize that it seemed as fast as it to me because I'm used to a stock 3.8L, but I can't imagine feeling the need for anything more. As for wanting a Bullitt over a Mach I, I like the styling a lot more.

Not to mention those seats were comfortable. I was surprised. I didn't think there would be any difference.
Old 09-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

nope, i woulnt offer that much over blu book, its still the same crappy internals and heads as the GT.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:19 PM
mustangrich
1st Gear Member

What makes you call the internals and heads crappy?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:52 PM
mustangrich
1st Gear Member

Going back to the question of value (is it just me or is this forum a little dead?) I've been given a timeline by the wife: I have to wait until after the 2008 Bullitt comes out to purchase a 2001 Bullitt. Are the values likely to go down at all with the release of the new edition?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mustangrich

What makes you call the internals and heads crappy?
nothing is forged, an you will get virtually no where with bolt ons, because the heads flow terribly.
Old 09-18-2007, 10:23 PM
Wonkavator

There's a Bullitt for sale on a lot near my house with 36,000miles going for 15 grand, its one of those "performance car lots" that only sell that type of thing. I've been debating purchasing it but it sounds kind of sketchy to me because theres GTs at the bigger lots going for like 18 with twice that mileage. Who knows, it was probably smashed at some point.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 PM
Donnie's GTS
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wonkavator

There's a Bullitt for sale on a lot near my house with 36,000miles going for 15 grand, its one of those "performance car lots" that only sell that type of thing. I've been debating purchasing it but it sounds kind of sketchy to me because theres GTs at the bigger lots going for like 18 with twice that mileage. Who knows, it was probably smashed at some point.
doubt it was smashed, the first bullitt i looked at in summer of 06 was DHG 30k miles, going for 13,000, no salvage or anything, just right at private party bluebook.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Low mileage Bullitts in the $20k's?