Bullitt Mustangs

what mod next?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 06:05 PM
cbonnevie

Thumbs up what mod next?!

whatsup guys. I got a 01 bullitt loaded with bolt ons, Im looking for advice for what I should get next/ what is worth getting?
so far my car has:
1.5" lowring springs, saleen body kit, smoked lights, sequential tail lights, exedy mach 500 stage 2 clutch, accel super coil coil packs, jlt cold air intake, sss catback exhaust, high flow catalytic converters, mgw short throw shifter, bama performance tune.

so what does everyone think I should go for next? im not trying to buy pointless parts that are designed for 500 hp cars. I was thinking next upgrade get a throttle body. if so would it be worth it? (throttle response power) I was thinking bbk twin 65 mm throttle body or I was leaning more towards the accufab oval throttle body.

any and all input is appreciated. thank you
Old 02-17-2014, 06:08 PM
cbonnevie

I also have adjustabkle clutc cable which I have to tighten almost monthly it keeps backing off and is driving me nuts, any one else have this problem?
Old 02-24-2014, 08:38 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Next up (without a doubt) would be gears. I would also recommend a tuner.
Old 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbonnevie
whatsup guys. I got a 01 bullitt loaded with bolt ons, Im looking for advice for what I should get next/ what is worth getting?
so far my car has:
1.5" lowring springs, saleen body kit, smoked lights, sequential tail lights, exedy mach 500 stage 2 clutch, accel super coil coil packs, jlt cold air intake, sss catback exhaust, high flow catalytic converters, mgw short throw shifter, bama performance tune.

so what does everyone think I should go for next? im not trying to buy pointless parts that are designed for 500 hp cars. I was thinking next upgrade get a throttle body. if so would it be worth it? (throttle response power) I was thinking bbk twin 65 mm throttle body or I was leaning more towards the accufab oval throttle body.

any and all input is appreciated. thank you

Hey,

It sounds like you have a pretty awesome build going! I have always loved the new edge Bullitt and glad they brought it back for the S197 gen.

As far as future mods go, the throttle body is not a bad place to go next. To be honest, you may not necessarily feel a horsepower difference when going through the RPM curve. However, you will noticed a much improved throttle response, and it will improve your 60 foot times at the track. It also looks great under the hood when showing the engine off.

I would stay away from the Accufab Oval throttle body unless you plan on adding forced induction. The opening is too large for natural aspiration, and it might actually bog the car down at first acceleration. Either one of the BBK throttle bodies will do you good, and give more of what you are looking for.

Other than a throttle body, I would strongly recommend a set of gears. The gears will make the car feel like it has an additional 50+ HP and dramatically improve your 1/4 mile and 0 to 60 times. If the car is a daily driver, or you do a lot of highway driving you may want to stick with a 3.73, if not, I would go with 4.10 gear.

Whatever you go with next, keep in mind that we offer a 6% discount to all forum members, and if a competitor advertises a product cheaper we will match their price.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please ask myself, or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck with your build!

-Dan
Old 02-26-2014, 05:31 AM
cbonnevie

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
Hey,

It sounds like you have a pretty awesome build going! I have always loved the new edge Bullitt and glad they brought it back for the S197 gen.

As far as future mods go, the throttle body is not a bad place to go next. To be honest, you may not necessarily feel a horsepower difference when going through the RPM curve. However, you will noticed a much improved throttle response, and it will improve your 60 foot times at the track. It also looks great under the hood when showing the engine off.

I would stay away from the Accufab Oval throttle body unless you plan on adding forced induction. The opening is too large for natural aspiration, and it might actually bog the car down at first acceleration. Either one of the BBK throttle bodies will do you good, and give more of what you are looking for.

Other than a throttle body, I would strongly recommend a set of gears. The gears will make the car feel like it has an additional 50+ HP and dramatically improve your 1/4 mile and 0 to 60 times. If the car is a daily driver, or you do a lot of highway driving you may want to stick with a 3.73, if not, I would go with 4.10 gear.

Whatever you go with next, keep in mind that we offer a 6% discount to all forum members, and if a competitor advertises a product cheaper we will match their price.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions please ask myself, or contact our customer service team listed below my signature. Good luck with your build!

-Dan
Thank you for the help!I also just installed steeda under drive pulleys over the weekend when I did my serp belt although I havent got to feel them yet. Its still snow covered here in nh. Looks like gears are being ordered in the nwar future.

My bullitt is a basically a daily diversifying the spring timetime but I was talking to a buddy that had a mustang who got the 373 gears and says he wished he got the bigger gears. Will I regret getting the 410 if I do drive my car alot? I do not necessarily use the highway too too much. Also how much do they reduce top speed?
Old 02-26-2014, 07:08 AM
SyNdicateZ
3rd Gear Member

How about a twin turbo setup?
Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM
cbonnevie

Maybe if I had 6000$ laying around
Old 02-27-2014, 12:42 PM
Subbz
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cbonnevie
Thank you for the help!I also just installed steeda under drive pulleys over the weekend when I did my serp belt although I havent got to feel them yet. Its still snow covered here in nh. Looks like gears are being ordered in the nwar future.

My bullitt is a basically a daily diversifying the spring timetime but I was talking to a buddy that had a mustang who got the 373 gears and says he wished he got the bigger gears. Will I regret getting the 410 if I do drive my car alot? I do not necessarily use the highway too too much. Also how much do they reduce top speed?
I forgot where I read it in the forums but they pretty much debunked the losing top speed myth. Also I have 4.10s on mine and I drive it a lot and there wasn't much change in my mpg.
Old 04-16-2014, 10:22 PM
frost1357
1st Gear Member

Long tube headers, Throttle body, 3.73 gears and a good tune. besides that start saving for a set of cams and a supercharger or turbo. check craigslist for the supercharger kit. Ive seen plenty of cheap vortech kits in my area, and even if the head unit needs a rebuilt it can be worth it if the price is right.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:15 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

I'm thinking full length subframe connectors and caster camber plates.