California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

I f*cking hate California

Old 09-29-2011, 11:42 AM
UsmcMustang
1st Gear Member

the problem is my car is pretty loud , i got long tube headers which are illegal in the state of cali i dont know about my cams , i got comp cams stage 2 nsr , the officer asked me to open my hood , he looked inside of it and said its good , i really dont think he knew what he was looking for , so i have 2 options right now , find a stock exhaust or buy a new exhaust that has a muffler section on it , since i have slp loudmouthes
Old 09-29-2011, 01:39 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

long tube headers illegal...but I can smoke pot...whatta state...Cutouts? Also I didn't factor in if yours is a DD or not...mines not...Officer asks you open hood? At this point he better know more than me about mustangs or my smartass meter/comments will not be controlled = fins/tickets &or cuffs...I hate those cuffs...
Old 09-29-2011, 07:11 PM
TylerT
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by danzcool
You mat have an issue with the JLT intake, but if the supercharger is a series VI, there is a carb eo for it and a listing of the acceptable pulley sizes.

see EO #'s D-473-13, D-473-15 for the saleen... print out the eo and take it with you for smog in case they give you a hassle, otherwise you could call up saleen speedlab and ask about getting a replacement CARB sticker.
Thank you so much for this info! You have no idea how much of a help this is to me, I owe you!
Old 09-29-2011, 11:57 PM
Stang562
4th Gear Member

^ that's pretty much it. Most of the mods will pass tailpipe emissions, you just have to find someone who will overlook some of the visual portion.
I'm trying to hint that I know where to get everything overlooked without too much of a hastle lol
Old 09-30-2011, 01:00 AM
alexyikes00
2nd Gear Member

USMC mustang does have his car registered in another state, and the LEO's of Californiastan still wrote him a fix-it ticket for his exhaust.About the only defense is knowing the fine points of the law, If he asked the officer to take a decibel reading at 5' from the exhaust while the car was idling, the officer probably would have told him he didn't have a meter, but if he wrote on the ticket that the officer didn't have a meter and that he believed he wasn't in violation of 95 decibels at 5', then the people signing off may be more inclined to verify the measured sound level rather than just require him to have the stock exhaust on. And he could probably fight it in traffic court or at least get the prosecutor to drop the sound charge... if he had written his issue on the ticket.

Yup, californiastan sucks.
the only thing is, chp doesnt do the decibel test anymore, you have to go to a state referee to do a decible test and all engines are tested to a certain RPM, and the only thing check at the ref station is from the exhaust manifold to the tail pipe
Old 09-30-2011, 01:05 AM
alexyikes00
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by UsmcMustang
the problem is my car is pretty loud , i got long tube headers which are illegal in the state of cali i dont know about my cams , i got comp cams stage 2 nsr , the officer asked me to open my hood , he looked inside of it and said its good , i really dont think he knew what he was looking for , so i have 2 options right now , find a stock exhaust or buy a new exhaust that has a muffler section on it , since i have slp loudmouthes
get rid of the headers and buy a stock exhaust. if the referee (which you have to get tested by) wants to be a d!ck he will fail you for a aftermarket exhaust (unles it is carb'd and has a EO#) but even then the car might still be past the 95 decibels.

so yea i would just get a stock exhaust. and go see the state referee.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:23 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Anyone know the CARB number for a 95 Thunderbird SC M90 SCer? Just incase I get asked when I do my next inspection....

Matthew
Old 10-20-2011, 01:44 AM
Mach 1 Mark

Matt,

You might want to check out the Super Coupe Club of America(SCCOA) for your 95 SC questions. I used to have 90 SC and there were allot of SoCal birds down that way. I ran with the Norcal group years back.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:45 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Originally Posted by Mach 1 Mark
Matt,

You might want to check out the Super Coupe Club of America(SCCOA) for your 95 SC questions. I used to have 90 SC and there were allot of SoCal birds down that way. I ran with the Norcal group years back.
Thanks. Ill check them out.