California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

CA Speedway Street Legal Drags - Rules and Regs Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 05:51 PM
blue_GT

Default CA Speedway Street Legal Drags - Rules and Regs Question

I'm going to enter the CA Speedway Street Legal Drags this Saturday, and I'm just curious about the rules regarding noise pollution. On autoclubspeedway.com, it states that all vehicles must be no louder than 100 decibels at 100'. My 06' GT has a muffler delete with some home made exhaust resonators (just the chrome tips really) and it's pretty loud, but not too loud. I've tested my car with a decibel meter from 100' straight on pointed at the exhaust pipes, and it passed at around 84 decibels, when really stomping on the gas.

My question is whether I will be disqualified from CA speedway or not, based on my car being equipped with resonators, and not mufflers. I'm clearly not too loud, but I just can't find the definite answer on their website. I'd hate to roll up, be inspected, and get disqualified because of this. I'd just like to know ahead of time if I should slap the stock mufflers back on.

Has anyone else entered CA Speedway's Street Legal Drags with a muffler delete? I'd appreciate any kind of info you'd have to give.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

The best thing to do is call the SpeedWay and ask them. Im sure it wont be a real problem as I know they run Fun Cars there every once and a while. But again call them. They are the only one that can answer the question.

Matthew