California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

New Chapter President??

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 03:36 PM
johncool54

Default New Chapter President??

First off nothing against you Matt (current president)
I feel we need a change. We have a very out of date list of where we all are. We all know the "updated everyday list".

We also have never cruised once. A president needs to rally the members in the chapter, I have experience in such a thing so I nominate myself (current chapter president of my truck and street bike forum)

We need to come together or there is no point in even having a chapter. And lets be real, we live in California! Mustangs all over the place. I have many ideas of how to get us all together and how to become a real chapter.
All of your thoughts and input is welcome of course. The main goal here is to be an active chapter.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Nothing taken. I have no problem with someone wanting to get people more involved. We have tried to get several cruizes together (most recently a mnt. trip that was cancelled due to the fires) with little results (this is true) but I cant force members to go. I was going to the last cruzie until the fires broke out. And looking at your posts so far you have had one post asking about when we will some get together. No posts so far about "hey, on (insert random date here) we will be meeting at (insert random place here). I want to see you there"

Just sayin.

Matthew
Old 09-24-2012, 05:23 PM
johncool54

I completely agree I haven't said much. But that's because there is not much to be said. Our chapter is inactive. Perhaps I could be Vice President and together we could work together and get stuff going. I have many ideas we should work on.
I also agree we can't force members to go (although that would be nice O.o lol)
But I do feel some of the ideas would remedy our inactive chapter.

My personal goal is to get our members in one location to simply have a very simple 'show and tell' among our members.

what do ya think Matt?
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

I like the idea - alot! I have no problems with doing a V.P. thing. I believe there are several larger states that do the same thing. You can pm me, or keep this thread going with ideas and we can see what takes off.

Matthew
Old 09-24-2012, 08:13 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

We have had great participation from our members. We seem to manage "by committee"very well. We have tried hard to move things around the Carolinas to keep from meeting in one spot all the time. Not everyone can make every meeting but we keep trying.

It does pain you to see so many Mustangs on the road and membership not growing any faster than it does. Stay after it, invite new members, welcome those who join from your state, etc.

We have quite a few members that post a time or two and then we don't hear from them again. I guess that is true with all chapters.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:48 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Well at least you guys have a chapter...
Old 09-24-2012, 08:54 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Same here.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 AM
johncool54

PM headin your way

Last edited by johncool54; 09-25-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-25-2012, 06:15 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Originally Posted by DRAGUL
Same here.
I am really happy with our group. We have a strong core group that tries to keep something happening all the time. We always have room for a few more, come join us. You will love NC.