California Regional Chapter Chapter President: Matt's 95 Stang

Capitol Ford in San Jose terrible customer service parts dept

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 03:12 PM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Default Capitol Ford in San Jose terrible customer service parts dept

just venting a bit, never going there again for sure.

i'm helping a friend with a few minor fixes and we needed a small part to move on.

went over to the capitol ford dealership parts dept as I did many times before.
turns out the main parts manager retired not to long ago, he was a great guy, what a loss.

so I talked to the counter guy and he looked for the small part ($48 or so).
said they don't have it, I asked for the part #, he said "he does not give out part #'s, as I then could go and buy it somewhere else".
wow, seriously, a caring customer rep would look up other stores in the vicinity for stock and send me there, this guy doesn't even want to share the part #.
not only could they not provide the part, they did not care for me being stuck and instead of helping they try to create a road block.

while I was stuck w/o the part either way I just ordered it online (like that is so hard to find anything anyways!?) for $17 shipped.

anyways, drive safe
Old 03-26-2016, 06:53 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Why would they be different than any other Ford dealer? That's my experience with my local dealer. Cannot or will not even come close to online prices and have to charge list or they will be fired.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:37 PM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

you cant honestly compare, or fault, the brick and mortar store for having a higher price, or for not giving you the info to search for it on the web. they are there to make money, and have a much higher cost of operation. but sure, feel free to cry on forums.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:34 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Several of the internet sites with good prices are in fact brick and mortar Ford dealers.
Old 03-27-2016, 08:11 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

The way to retain customers and make money is with customer service. They lost a customer for life. They lose $48 and how much more now that they were being ********. I would have searched other dealers for the part and given him the part #. I would rather give up the $30 profit on this one part so I will have him coming back for when he needs that $500 part later. The OP is right to be upset and the dealer will lose business from one customer and others by word of mouth. Very bad business practices.
Old 03-27-2016, 09:21 AM
edcologne
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by barstowpo
Why would they be different than any other Ford dealer? That's my experience with my local dealer. Cannot or will not even come close to online prices and have to charge list or they will be fired.
just to make clear, I do not care paying more for anything if I get more, so if I get the part right then and there i'm perfectly fine to pay more.

I value my time spend on the search and order for the part as well as the lost time until it gets here.
i'm fine to pay someone to keep parts in stock for me.

i'm not ok with them not valuing my time and even attempting to make it harder for me to proceed.

Originally Posted by jwog666
you cant honestly compare, or fault, the brick and mortar store for having a higher price, or for not giving you the info to search for it on the web. they are there to make money, and have a much higher cost of operation. but sure, feel free to cry on forums.
yeah, funny guy you are..

Originally Posted by ucinn
The way to retain customers and make money is with customer service. They lost a customer for life. They lose $48 and how much more now that they were being ********. I would have searched other dealers for the part and given him the part #. I would rather give up the $30 profit on this one part so I will have him coming back for when he needs that $500 part later. The OP is right to be upset and the dealer will lose business from one customer and others by word of mouth. Very bad business practices.
exactly
Old 03-27-2016, 10:05 AM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Customer service seems to be a dying art these days.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:13 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

stowpo;8536428]Several of the internet sites with good prices are in fact brick and mortar Ford dealers.[/QUOTE]

who also happen to sell large volumes of parts wholesale over the internet, so yeah lower costs, than a dealer who doesnt wholesale parts over a website. this is common knowledge
Old 03-28-2016, 08:17 AM
jwog666
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ucinn
how about instead of wasting a parts dept. time the customer simply gos on his computer and looks up the part himself? it would take less time than crying

http://www.fordparts.com/?searchid=1...160328131534:s
Old 03-28-2016, 09:36 AM
ucinn
3rd Gear Member

because sometimes to find the correct part #, the dealer has to use your VIN to find the right one.

I'm not going to argue if it's correct to "waste" the parts guy's time. I'm just pointing out that not helping a customer to your fullest potential will, in the end, cost you customers because there are plenty of competitors who will take care of them if you don't.

Quick Reply: Capitol Ford in San Jose terrible customer service parts dept