Canada, Over Seas and Elsewhere Not from the states? Everywhere else post here.

UK Owners I'mporting Mustangs

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 12:19 PM
alasdair67
1st Gear Member

Default UK Owners I'mporting Mustangs

All,

Just wondering how you found the whole process, i.e. US/CA dealers, shipping, insurance, customs, and SVA. I'm looking into doing it myself, but would appreciate any first-hand experience you might have.

Cheers,

Al.
Old 05-06-2006, 06:32 AM
ninja205
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UK Owners I'mporting Mustangs

I have just been through all this, my new Saleen arrives in the next 7-10 days. everything so far has been real easy with no problems at all,although that might change with UK customs clearance! only problem I have had is finding a company to carry out the mods for the SVA that will do the work as I want it,they all want the easy option of using the reversing lights as indicators and by adding 2 extra lights into the bumper/skirt for the fog and a reversing light!
As i wanted everything indicator/stop and tail/fog light kept in the original cluster I struggled but have found and am using a company from Norwich who will also come to my house to carry out the work
pm me if you need anymore information/help
Old 06-11-2006, 06:56 PM
UKSaleen
1st Gear Member

Default RE: UK Owners I'mporting Mustangs

Alastair,

I have found it very easy to deal with US salesmen as long as you have done your homework. I was recommended to speak with Ron at Ron Campbell Ford who are Saleen dealers. He was very approachable and seems genuinely interested in the cars he sells.
I have eventually done a deal with him on their demonstrator.
SVA as ninja says is really up to what you want to live with. There are a few companies who can mod the rear lights as standard or some that just bodge. the best advice here is to go onto some Uk sites for American motors and ask around. I tried www.rebel-v8.com and also the ACCI site.
If you want to ship yourself I would advise using a decent agent such as Rybec or Golden Chariots as they have imported loads of cars and trucks with no hassle.
Also, dont rule out UK dealers as they too can be hammered down on price. I have gone through 51st State Autos and the deal I have is only slightly more expensive than doing it myself but I have the assurance of having some warranty and service backup if things go wrong.
Kev