Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2011, 05:38 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

That's not a Baja. THIS is a Baja!
LOL!

(it's supposed to be my daily driver, I bought it a week before I got the 'stang and I've put 5K less miles on it than I have on the pony.)
Old 07-12-2011, 09:24 PM
tango7
1st Gear Member

changing my exhaust on the cobra tomorrow. I am trading my magnaflow for a bassani catback.. I had one when I had the factory h-pipe. I really liked it but it was the bx system and I could not polish the tail pipes out. This one is stainless and is polished.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:25 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Hey guys, just wondering how everyone was?

This past weekend I was at the CARCRAFT Summer Nationals at the St. Paul (MN) statefair grounds. Really its just a HUGE 6,000 some plus car show thats open to all makes, years, and models. Each year, they hold a competition called (REAL STREET ELIMINATOR) which is broken into 2 classes. 82 and newer and then muscle (82 and older). The competitors are choosen by a panel of writers,editor, video workers for the magazine. My car was picked to compete along with 7 other FORD's 5 of which were in my club. This was quite suprising considering that this show and competition is party sponsored by the GM performance division.

There's 3 events: Dyno, lauch box, and auto-x coarse.

Well all said in done we (FORD) whooped mopar and chevy in the contest this year. 6 fords in the top ten and #1 and #2 were a 03 cobra and 04 cobra. Its been along long time since anyone w/o a chevy has won this (the 82 and newer class). Not counting 1,2 for mustangs representing

There should be content up on carcraft.com of coverage of the event. Otherwise they typically run an extensive write-up of the cars in the event in their JAN (2012 for this one) magizine.

Thought I'd share the news that MUSTANG is KING OF KINGS.
Old 07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

Sweet!

Things have been a bit dead around here. We've been getting more active outside of the forum (a few meets/cruises), but the forum part seems to be lacking lately. I'm trying to get ahold of everyone and get email addresses so I can contact people who don't check the forum very much...but it's not easy to do.

If anyone hasn't already, check out the threads about T-Shirt ordering, and email addresses.

That said, things are going well on my end. Working a good bit, and about to do some major body work on the car.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:33 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Yea... dead chapter forum? I know all too well about that. Minnesota was once plentiful and now except for 1-2 people is a wasteland. LOL

What you got for body work hunter?
Old 07-26-2011, 10:19 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Yeah, I think the main issue is that people who are new to the forum come here first because they relate to the location, and join the chapter with their first or second post, and then never come back.

As far as body work, I'm exchanging my Cali Special front and rear for a Cervinis C-Series Front End. Then I'm adding Street Scene side skirts and rear valence to visually drop the sides and rear down to the height of the front so it looks even across the board. It's been my dream for my Stang ever since I had the V6, but I never had a job that paid enough to let me do it until now.

I also have to get my front left fender fixed up from the parking lot bump I received. I've held off on that so everything can be painted and matched up all at once.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
sonicx
speed'n

Nice hunter.

Question for ya all NC's. Do you guys have some auto-x coarses down there in your state?
Old 07-27-2011, 10:27 AM
HT
5th Gear Member

I don't know of anything permanent...I know the Clemson Sports Car Club has an autocross event once a month or so, and it's a sanctioned event and everything, just set up in one of the local parking lots.

I'm not sure of anywhere that has AutoX as a daily event...but I'm sure those places exist.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:06 PM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by HT
Sweet!

Things have been a bit dead around here. We've been getting more active outside of the forum (a few meets/cruises), but the forum part seems to be lacking lately. I'm trying to get ahold of everyone and get email addresses so I can contact people who don't check the forum very much...but it's not easy to do.

If anyone hasn't already, check out the threads about T-Shirt ordering, and email addresses.

That said, things are going well on my end. Working a good bit, and about to do some major body work on the car.
Hunter... Just thinking about the email thing and was wondering, Could we PM everyone on the member list about the shirts and see what kind of interest it generates?
If this is a stupid question, I hope Larry dosn't see it.LOL

Last edited by SHOHORSE; 07-27-2011 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:14 PM
HT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Hunter... Just thinking about the email thing and was wondering, Could we PM everyone on the member list about the shirts and see what kind of interest it generates?
If this is a stupid question, I hope Larry dosn't see it.LOL
Yes, that was why I was gathering the email addresses. I can PM everyone on the member list...but I have to do it for each person individually. A mailing list would make my life much easier. The other option is to start a social group on here, and then I can PM all members at once, but the social groups are a pain as well. I'll probably just bite the bullet in the next day or so and copy and paste a PM to everyone on the member list and see what I get in response. Ask for email address and see if anyone wants a shirt all in one message.

I'm also considering if I should remove members after a certain period of inactivity...like, maybe if someone hasn't come to an event or been online in a year, then take them off the list. We'll see though. Lot's of technical issues when it comes to getting in touch with a large group of people.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT