Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:23 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I hope you remembered to shake your first while you yelled at them to get off your lawn!
Whoever gets jeff in the christmas exchange this year can get him a cane and some suspenders so he can look the part as he runs across the yard.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:30 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I hope you remembered to shake your first while you yelled at them to get off your lawn!
HAHA! It's not even like that. I'd be super pissed if I had to surrender my dogs because someone can't frick'n raise their kids to respect other peoples property.

Originally Posted by clowe1965
Probably more trouble than putting ****** wire on top of the fence. That sucks Jeff. While Ive done my fair share of trespassing as a kid, none of it involved jumping someone's fence in a neighborhood setting, it was all back in the woods where nobody cared. It would be horrible if one of the dogs attacked a kid, but its worse IMO that the property owner suffers for someone who is deliberately bypassing the safeguards they've put in place to prevent that from happening.
Exactly! And these kids have been around before and know that we have dogs. If their dumbasses were in the yard when it's just Jen or Bryson home and the dogs decided to attack it'd be all over because the dogs don't really listen to them. I'd love to say that my dogs are too sweet for that, hell Alan and Deb can't attest to how "ferocious" they are. But you never know what they'll do if an intruder is in their yard messing with their toys.

Whoever gets jeff in the christmas exchange this year can get him a cane and some suspenders so he can look the part as he runs across the yard.
I'd probably throw the cane at them!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:43 AM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Hahahahaha

But really, I do understand, Jeff. Definitely don't want someone to get hurt. Like you said, you never know how a dog will react when someone hops a fence into their property.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Train Buddy to pee on strangers, see if they come back then.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

that would be funny, until we have a GTG at my house... LOL.

Thankfully Sadie seems to have grown out of the "OMG we have COMPANY!!!" tinkle thing.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:23 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Stupid little neighborhood kids trying to climb my fence last night. Seriously? WTF is wrong with peoples kids these days? Buddy was freaking out, I don't know what he would do if I hadn't seen them and let him out. It could be another dog mauling situation or he could have been nice to them, I really don't know which is why I have "Beware of Dog" signs posted all over my fence. I never thought I'd have to put them on the back of the fence line since there's a creek back there.
They were ballsy too, I first told them to "Get the hell out of my yard" from the upstairs window but that wasn't good enough to make them leave so I had to go out the back door. I told them that if I saw them in my yard again I would find out where they lived and have a conversation with their parents. Not that I figure it would do any good since they're like 7-10 years old and roving the neighborhood. The oldest girl tried to get smart with me and said "It's not your yard, it's a river". Technically about 30 yards of that "river" are on my property.

Bryson was embarrassed that I yelled at them. I tried to explain to him that if they got in the yard and one of the dogs hurt them we could be sued and possibly loose everything.

Hopefully they don't come back. I didn't get a firm count but there were about 10-12 kids back there.

I wonder how much trouble I'd get in if I started shooting at them with Bryson's airsoft guns...

Unbelievable .... kids these days do not fear other adults. I remember the days when the community helped police up kids. Now you get life in prison if you correct another kid.... Weak society.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:48 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Unbelievable .... kids these days do not fear other adults. I remember the days when the community helped police up kids. Now you get life in prison if you correct another kid.... Weak society.
I was thinking the same thing last night. I know when I was a kid if any adult yelled at me I was immediately respectful and humbled...now they frick'n laugh at you and act like smartasses!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:55 AM
joypipp

Talking Guest from NC who needs help

Good Morning, I need some advice, badly. I purchased a 2006 GT in 2010 and it only had 1500 miles on it. It has 10,000 now. I have had numerous problems and I am getting afraid to drive it as I am older and afraid of breaking down. First, I have had to put 2 alternators on it and have had 3 batteries. This morning, I drove it and the check fuel cap light came on. When I stopped and checked it--opened the fuel door and the cap literally popped off at me. Is the can in danger of exploding? I really don't have anyone to ask these questions to as I know more about cars than my husband does and he has never driven this car. Any help you can give me will be so appreciated as I love this car but I am afraid of it. At this point, I am about ready to park it beside the road and find something that is more reliable. I
JoyPipp from Hayesville
Old 04-02-2014, 08:56 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Its weak parenting as much as anything. Parents just don't instill respect in their kids anymore. Kids grow up with an entitlement attitude. My Dad would have backhanded me out of the cart in WalMart if I mouthed off like I hear some kids do to their parents.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:14 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by joypipp
Good Morning, I need some advice, badly. I purchased a 2006 GT in 2010 and it only had 1500 miles on it. It has 10,000 now. I have had numerous problems and I am getting afraid to drive it as I am older and afraid of breaking down. First, I have had to put 2 alternators on it and have had 3 batteries. This morning, I drove it and the check fuel cap light came on. When I stopped and checked it--opened the fuel door and the cap literally popped off at me. Is the can in danger of exploding? I really don't have anyone to ask these questions to as I know more about cars than my husband does and he has never driven this car. Any help you can give me will be so appreciated as I love this car but I am afraid of it. At this point, I am about ready to park it beside the road and find something that is more reliable. I
JoyPipp from Hayesville
Sounds like the cap wasn't completely tightened last time you fueled up. Gas does expand as it warms up outside but you shouldn't be in any danger of the tank exploding.

If you're not confident in the car now I doubt you ever will be. Maybe it's time to let it go and get something that you'll be less insecure driving?

Originally Posted by DK Pony
Its weak parenting as much as anything. Parents just don't instill respect in their kids anymore. Kids grow up with an entitlement attitude. My Dad would have backhanded me out of the cart in WalMart if I mouthed off like I hear some kids do to their parents.
My mom busted my *** a few times in stores. and I earned it. No one ever called the cops on her.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT