Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2014, 09:26 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Thanks guys....

Here's the pictures 100% uncorrected. I need to learn how to edit the pictures from this new camera. The colors are really easy to saturate. Anyway, here's the originals.

Old 08-14-2014, 10:30 PM
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member

Pictures look great.
Old 08-15-2014, 03:58 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Thanks for sharing JJ. They almost look better unaltered. Colors got a bit saturated. Either way the car looks great. Can't wait to see them inevitably get better as you get used to the camera.
Old 08-15-2014, 05:48 PM
88-347stroker
3rd Gear Member

JJ ,those picts are awwwwwwwwwsome ,that is such a sweet ride the picts really don't do it justice
Old 08-15-2014, 07:52 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Thanks for sharing JJ. They almost look better unaltered. Colors got a bit saturated. Either way the car looks great. Can't wait to see them inevitably get better as you get used to the camera.
Yeah......I won't be able to use the new way of editing with this camera.....I've been watching videos about it and how it works.

Originally Posted by 88-347stroker
JJ ,those picts are awwwwwwwwwsome ,that is such a sweet ride the picts really don't do it justice
Thanks.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:28 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Yeah......I won't be able to use the new way of editing with this camera.....I've been watching videos about it and how it works.
I'm curious about what you mean by this. What do you use to edit your photos?
Old 08-15-2014, 09:35 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Those are some nice pics JJ.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I only use Lr5, but will be starting to use the free version of photoshop CS2 as well. In my signature is an edited photo of my old way of enhancing photos. I ran across a photographer that uses Lr5 and has another way of using it. I've been working his way and have had some turn out really nice. Here's a couple for comparison.

My old way:

New way:

My old way:

New way:

Only used Lr5 for those. Sometimes I add to much clarity saturation as well as adjusting the white and blacks....Trying to find the balance.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:58 PM
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member

Haha, yeah, that last one is super high on the clarity and saturation. Looks pretty cool on that car though. I have some that I do like that too. I was going to offer that you can get LR5 and Photoshop CS5 for $10 a month with the Adobe Photographers packages. That's what I do. I rarely use Photoshop though. I find that LR can do just about anything I need to these days. Photoshop is more for image manipulation like fine edits and touch ups which are definitely necessary to perfect a photo, I just don't take photos for anyone but me really, so I rarely go into that detail. I've been using Photoshop for about as long as I can remember and it's still quite daunting.

I'd like to try to get some photography classes on video to you some time. I think you'd really enjoy them. I know they were tremendously helpful to me even on subjects that I thought I knew fairly well. I'll have to bring them on USB to you at a meet up sometime though as they are MASSIVE. Let me check... yeah, 25 GB. He touches on some editing but the large majority of it is about shooting.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:46 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
Haha, yeah, that last one is super high on the clarity and saturation. Looks pretty cool on that car though. I have some that I do like that too. I was going to offer that you can get LR5 and Photoshop CS5 for $10 a month with the Adobe Photographers packages. That's what I do. I rarely use Photoshop though. I find that LR can do just about anything I need to these days. Photoshop is more for image manipulation like fine edits and touch ups which are definitely necessary to perfect a photo, I just don't take photos for anyone but me really, so I rarely go into that detail. I've been using Photoshop for about as long as I can remember and it's still quite daunting.

I'd like to try to get some photography classes on video to you some time. I think you'd really enjoy them. I know they were tremendously helpful to me even on subjects that I thought I knew fairly well. I'll have to bring them on USB to you at a meet up sometime though as they are MASSIVE. Let me check... yeah, 25 GB. He touches on some editing but the large majority of it is about shooting.
Right on...I'm always looking to improve....

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT