CAROLINA CHAT - Page 817 - MustangForums.com



Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-14-2014, 10:26 PM   #8161
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,631
Default

Thanks guys....

Here's the pictures 100% uncorrected. I need to learn how to edit the pictures from this new camera. The colors are really easy to saturate. Anyway, here's the originals.







Sleeper_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:30 PM   #8162
Carolina Man
3rd Gear Member
 
Carolina Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 688
Default

Pictures look great.
Carolina Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:58 PM   #8163
Zodiac
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,482
Default

Thanks for sharing JJ. They almost look better unaltered. Colors got a bit saturated. Either way the car looks great. Can't wait to see them inevitably get better as you get used to the camera.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:48 PM   #8164
88-347stroker
3rd Gear Member
 
88-347stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: raleigh,nc
Posts: 545
Default

JJ ,those picts are awwwwwwwwwsome ,that is such a sweet ride the picts really don't do it justice
88-347stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 PM   #8165
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodiac View Post
Thanks for sharing JJ. They almost look better unaltered. Colors got a bit saturated. Either way the car looks great. Can't wait to see them inevitably get better as you get used to the camera.
Yeah......I won't be able to use the new way of editing with this camera.....I've been watching videos about it and how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88-347stroker View Post
JJ ,those picts are awwwwwwwwwsome ,that is such a sweet ride the picts really don't do it justice
Thanks.
Sleeper_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #8166
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member
 
AJ06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,965
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT View Post
Yeah......I won't be able to use the new way of editing with this camera.....I've been watching videos about it and how it works.
I'm curious about what you mean by this. What do you use to edit your photos?
AJ06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:35 PM   #8167
Jeffk
6th Gear Member
 
Jeffk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!
Posts: 7,233
Default

Those are some nice pics JJ.
Jeffk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:41 PM   #8168
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,631
Default

I only use Lr5, but will be starting to use the free version of photoshop CS2 as well. In my signature is an edited photo of my old way of enhancing photos. I ran across a photographer that uses Lr5 and has another way of using it. I've been working his way and have had some turn out really nice. Here's a couple for comparison.

My old way:


New way:


My old way:


New way:


Only used Lr5 for those. Sometimes I add to much clarity saturation as well as adjusting the white and blacks....Trying to find the balance.
Sleeper_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #8169
AJ06GT
5th Gear Member
 
AJ06GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 2,965
Default

Haha, yeah, that last one is super high on the clarity and saturation. Looks pretty cool on that car though. I have some that I do like that too. I was going to offer that you can get LR5 and Photoshop CS5 for $10 a month with the Adobe Photographers packages. That's what I do. I rarely use Photoshop though. I find that LR can do just about anything I need to these days. Photoshop is more for image manipulation like fine edits and touch ups which are definitely necessary to perfect a photo, I just don't take photos for anyone but me really, so I rarely go into that detail. I've been using Photoshop for about as long as I can remember and it's still quite daunting.

I'd like to try to get some photography classes on video to you some time. I think you'd really enjoy them. I know they were tremendously helpful to me even on subjects that I thought I knew fairly well. I'll have to bring them on USB to you at a meet up sometime though as they are MASSIVE. Let me check... yeah, 25 GB. He touches on some editing but the large majority of it is about shooting.
AJ06GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:46 PM   #8170
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member
 
Sleeper_GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Raeford, NC - Where if it ain't broke, we fix it!
Posts: 11,631
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ06GT View Post
Haha, yeah, that last one is super high on the clarity and saturation. Looks pretty cool on that car though. I have some that I do like that too. I was going to offer that you can get LR5 and Photoshop CS5 for $10 a month with the Adobe Photographers packages. That's what I do. I rarely use Photoshop though. I find that LR can do just about anything I need to these days. Photoshop is more for image manipulation like fine edits and touch ups which are definitely necessary to perfect a photo, I just don't take photos for anyone but me really, so I rarely go into that detail. I've been using Photoshop for about as long as I can remember and it's still quite daunting.

I'd like to try to get some photography classes on video to you some time. I think you'd really enjoy them. I know they were tremendously helpful to me even on subjects that I thought I knew fairly well. I'll have to bring them on USB to you at a meet up sometime though as they are MASSIVE. Let me check... yeah, 25 GB. He touches on some editing but the large majority of it is about shooting.
Right on...I'm always looking to improve....
Sleeper_GT is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New from NC abh29 New Member Area 9 01-09-2017 02:27 PM
Two 1966 Convertibles to restore GPR Classic Mustangs (Tech) 12 12-16-2015 01:21 PM
V6 Engine Ticking Nick Oliver V6 S197 General Discussion 2 09-05-2015 11:34 AM
Yezz Its FooBall time again!!! RedStangGT2000 Off Topic 31 08-17-2004 12:55 AM


Tags
amr, florida, hotels, key, mustang, south, swap, wheels

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:14 AM.