SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Just made an appointment for the GT500 guy to get his tune. Tuesday @ 2pm
Will you be with him?
Old 06-19-2014, 05:18 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Sorry about you truck Jeff. I hope you didn't get wet.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:11 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Well..Bad news today. Kims job is history. She works for a local sleep lab and they are closing the doors along with 3 other labs.
It looks like at least 1 Mustang is going to have to go...maybe both.
It's a sad day.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:20 PM
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

That sucks man, sorry to hear this...hopefully something comes up quick and you don't have to deal with the problem for long.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:34 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

well, it's a beautiful day for a mile march back to the house from where my POS Dodge truck broke down!

I think it's a fuel pump, pulled up to a stop sign and it acted like it ran out of gas. Edit - It's not out of gas JJ..Shut up.
Frick'n fuel pump comes as a "module" with the fuel press reg and filter...$229!!!!!

Not what I needed this week, it's been a really really crappy week at..well that place that Steve and Dana won't allow me to mention.

I'm not familiar with that trim package, what exactly does the POS come with over the standard equipment? Well good thing that filter is a lifetime filter that never needs replacement.....kinda makes you wonder if they knew the pump would fail so the filter is guarenteed to be replaced.
Old 06-19-2014, 10:08 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Will you be with him?
I'm planning on it. My boss owes me atleast one day off after this week.

Originally Posted by kzonts
Sorry about you truck Jeff. I hope you didn't get wet.

Originally Posted by clowe1965
I'm not familiar with that trim package, what exactly does the POS come with over the standard equipment? Well good thing that filter is a lifetime filter that never needs replacement.....kinda makes you wonder if they knew the pump would fail so the filter is guarenteed to be replaced.
Well, I did get wet but not with rain, it's frick'n humid up here.

First thing I did to the truck tonight was to check fuel pressure, got 45psi at the rail. So Fuel pump is ok.

Then we just started throwing parts at it. Mike felt pretty certain that it was the Crank Position sensor, that wasn't it.

Then a guy shopping at the shop it was parked in front of offer to push it back to my house with his Tundra, so I said what the hell so he did.

Then we changed the ignition coil...nothing

Then we changed cap and rotor...nothing

Added 2 gallons of gas...nothing.

Coil is getting 12V in and also the firing signal from the PCM.

It almost seems like the injectors just aren't firing maybe.

I don't know, we were out there until 10:15 fooling with it and it's still not running. I think I'm going to end up having it towed to a shop.

Originally Posted by DK Pony
Well..Bad news today. Kims job is history. She works for a local sleep lab and they are closing the doors along with 3 other labs.
It looks like at least 1 Mustang is going to have to go...maybe both.
It's a sad day.
That's terrible! Any chance of her finding another job shortly so that you can maybe keep one Stang?

There's a sleep lab down in this area. LOL. It's one hell of a commute though.
Old 06-20-2014, 04:20 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

That's terrible! Any chance of her finding another job shortly so that you can maybe keep one Stang?

There's a sleep lab down in this area. LOL. It's one hell of a commute though.
They have been steadily closing labs in our area for a couple of years. The Wellmont Health System had purchased all of the local labs and everything within 150 miles. So now there is nowhere for her to go.
At this point we aren't sure what we will do. We will work it out I am sure, but we have to make some changes fast. She has 3 weeks of income left.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by clowe1965
The POS package comes with an EPA estimated 4 hwy / 2 city mpg rating and it may or may not run when you need to go somewhere.

And yeah, it's a good thing that gasoline is so pure and never contains and particulates that could possibly clog that lifetime filter.

Originally Posted by DK Pony
They have been steadily closing labs in our area for a couple of years. The Wellmont Health System had purchased all of the local labs and everything within 150 miles. So now there is nowhere for her to go.
At this point we aren't sure what we will do. We will work it out I am sure, but we have to make some changes fast. She has 3 weeks of income left.
that sucks.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:23 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Damn Dave...Really sorry to hear the news. I hope you guys can find a solution quickly.

Jeff...I don't even know what to say bro.....
Old 06-20-2014, 08:34 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Damn Dave...Really sorry to hear the news. I hope you guys can find a solution quickly.

Jeff...I don't even know what to say bro.....
Ah well, I've been driving the car more anyway but I'll have to get the truck running eventually.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT