Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 08:48 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Ordered some three-piece True Forged Chicanes for the '15 today, satin black with chrome assembly hardware, 20x9.5 up front and 20x10.5 in the rear. Now I wait! Would love to hear your opinions on tires. Looking at 275/35/20s up front, 305/35/20 in the rear. Continental ExtremeContact DWS or Cooper RS3-S's seem to be the front runners as of now. Would go Toyo R888s or radials but the tread life is horrible for those options.
Big money wheels, but they do look good for sure.

Originally Posted by Jeffk
All kinds of things going on this week.

Bryson got his learners permit yesterday so ya'll might want to stay out of the Thomasville / High Point / Greensboro area for a couple of months. LOL.

Jen's mom and dad finally sold their house and have already gone under contract on a new smaller house much closer to us...like 4 minutes away...

Last week my friend Justin from Colorado (if you were at the St. Jude fundraiser at the F-Ville strip you might have met him) was rearended while on his motorcycle as he was turning into the parking lot of his work...he's an emt on an ambulance. He actually saw the guy coming up behind him and sped up to lessen the impact and somehow he never went down. Rode out the crash, put the kickstand down and got off the bike. Then he passed out and came to in the ambulance. No serious injuries just felt like he got run over by a truck. Which he did pretty much.

Then today we got news that an employee of one of our best customers passed away from cancer. I dealt with him on a daily basis for about a year. He was probably 45-50 years old and just a good dude.
Hope you buddy gets better soon and sorry to hear about your customer. Wishing his family the best.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:08 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bakerjd
Now I wait! Would love to hear your opinions on tires. Looking at 275/35/20s up front, 305/35/20 in the rear. Continental ExtremeContact DWS or Cooper RS3-S's seem to be the front runners as of now. Would go Toyo R888s or radials but the tread life is horrible for those options.
I have the Continental DWS on mine and I like them a lot, but I don't push the car all that much; a turn or two at VIR and that's about it. I got 38K out of the last set where I was only getting 25-30 out of the Pirellis that came standard on it. Supposed to be 50K tires, but I can live with almost 40K.

Jeff, I see why you traded the Mustang for a Jeep. It's going to be OK...
Old 10-28-2014, 04:11 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
I'm going to have to check the official Steve,Dana & Larry retirement manual on this kind of physical exertion. I can't imagine anything requiring this much effort can be acceptable under current guide lines. Sorry JJ...I'm issuing a cease and desist until the retirement committee has it's next meeting.

(on the down low)

Congrats...You da people!!!
All these people and their constant running, I promised myself when I retired from the USN that I would never run again unless something really really bad is happening behind me. So if you see me running...you might want to think about doing the same thing.
Old 10-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
All kinds of things going on this week.

Last week my friend Justin from Colorado (if you were at the St. Jude fundraiser at the F-Ville strip you might have met him) was rearended while on his motorcycle as he was turning into the parking lot of his work...he's an emt on an ambulance. He actually saw the guy coming up behind him and sped up to lessen the impact and somehow he never went down. Rode out the crash, put the kickstand down and got off the bike. Then he passed out and came to in the ambulance. No serious injuries just felt like he got run over by a truck. Which he did pretty much.

Then today we got news that an employee of one of our best customers passed away from cancer. I dealt with him on a daily basis for about a year. He was probably 45-50 years old and just a good dude.
Sorry to hear about your friend, hope time will heal all of the ache's and pains.

Sorry to also hear about cancer claiming another. It seems to be quite a bit of that going around.
Old 10-29-2014, 09:52 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Haven't seen gas prices like this in a long time. Working the Richmond area this week.
Name:  1BF98F31-37C3-4D4A-8E61-02EA220EFFCE_zpsdvw5zbkb.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  56.3 KB
Old 10-29-2014, 10:17 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Come to rock hill, I am paying $2.89 a gallon for 93

Originally Posted by alan0614
Haven't seen gas prices like this in a long time. Working the Richmond area this week.
Old 10-29-2014, 10:42 AM
Shellback
4th Gear Member

Exxon #$2.529 in Spartanburg, SC Regular
Old 10-29-2014, 11:21 AM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Putting nearly as many miles on my three cars as Larry does his firefly(it feels like it anyway), I stopped caring lol. Though I do avoid the "cash price" stations.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:58 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

well, this might be my last post. I promised Bryson that I would take him driving tonight after work. LOL.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:05 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Hey Jeff can you go ahead and transfer your jeep title on over? I'd appreciate it.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT