Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 07:02 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Hang him high. I'm fortunate in that my bank is on the ball for that sort of thing, too.
Old 12-06-2014, 07:43 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Hey guys!
I just thought I would pop in here for a minute. Lots of stuff going on right now and super busy.
It's a really long story but our house is for sale in Bristol and there are two possibilities for what's next.
1) I got offered a job in an oil field in Seminole TX. Long hours..100+ per week but $120k per year. The only thing I have to pay for is a camper.Company provided transportation to and from work, uniforms, food and pays to fly you back to Bristol (or wherever) every 6 weeks for 2 weeks.
2) Stay where we are and make a small move into TN. Just moving a few miles across the line would result in no income tax. That's a big savings right there. It would allow me to be home more weekends and maybe make more gtg's.
Either way we will still keep the Mustang. Maybe even a 15 GT Vert..who knows.
Hate to see It go JJ. But as we have all said before. Family first and we do what we have to do.
Merry Christmas!! Hope there are lots of large and heavy Mustang related boxes under the tree!!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:05 PM
alucard3600
1st Gear Member

Well those are two totally different options for sure. I guess it just all depends on how hard you want to work and how much money you need to make. I work out of town a lot myself I work Nuclear Outages, but most of the time I work between 4-8 months a year depending on what I am doing so its not that bad, but I am single with no kids, never married. If you have a family, as you said, then I can see how the first option would be hard. Even with 2 weeks off every 6 weeks and the amount of money you would make, I'm sure it would be hard on you,not to mention 100+ hours a week, but like I said it just all depends on how much money you need/want to make.
If It were me, even being single, it would be a hard decision either way, so good luck, and if you do end up going to TX for the job I hope every thing works out well!
Old 12-06-2014, 04:14 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

some good money, but some hard work......You could always try for a year then move back. I know it's a lot of moving, but it might be an option.
Old 12-06-2014, 05:13 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Thanks for the support guys.
The oil field job is not really that much work. Yes it is miserable hot but I would never leave the field
The position is a "frack site driver". Basically operate a fuel truck on site. Just fuel the equipment.
My wife and dogs can go to but for 6 weeks at a time it's work and sleep.
And yes it would most likely be temporary. The job isn't temporary but my ability to deal with it may be.
Old 12-06-2014, 09:30 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

Well having done 2 weeks gone 2 weeks home I can tell you I hated it. Wasn't that much more money (ot exempt) kinda hurt, but really it was getting home and not having time to finish anything or go anywhere. Just my .02.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:59 AM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Also keep in mind, the more money you make, the more Uncle Sam takes. :-) Good luck with your future job prospects Dave.
Old 12-07-2014, 04:37 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Currently I do 2 weeks gone 2 days home.
We are still considering both possibilities. Lots to think about. We would end up living in a camper in TX as the only thing that is there is the oil fields. Seriously. .lots of desert, a few gas stations and restaurants and oil fields. My thinking is in just a year I could pay off the Mustang and my truck and put enough back to move back to either northeast TN or NC or SC and not have to run the roads like I do now.
Lots of stuff to think about and lots of plans to be made. I'll keep y'all posted.
Old 12-07-2014, 03:29 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Pic of u alan

Name:  20141207_143056_zpsddtqlhly.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  101.8 KB
Old 12-07-2014, 03:46 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Right on.....

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT