Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2015, 07:46 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by alan0614
Enjoyed lunch yesterday, it was good to see you, Jen and Jason.
Back to work and catching up on everything.

We enjoyed lunch and getting to catch up with you a little.

Happy new year to everyone.

I would love to build a Factory Five car one day. Jen has always loved the Cobras.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:55 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

It might be going down tonight; we located a car that almost seems too good to be true. It's almost 2 hours away so Daniela is leaving work an hour early so we can get there before they close. With any luck, I'll have some pics to post tonight...
Old 01-05-2015, 11:16 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Good luck John and Daniela.
Old 01-05-2015, 11:34 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I hope it works out....
Old 01-05-2015, 11:52 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys. I'll update once we know something.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:42 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

nice! let us know.
Old 01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I am so, SO, SOOOO mad right now. We got sniped. We were about a half hour from heading to the dealership (which is 2 hours east of us) when the salesman called and said another rep sold the car out from under us. I had just submitted the credit app a little bit earlier than that call. Apparently a guy from Miami submitted a credit app on the car this morning and the sales rep didn't tell anyone til after I submitted mine so my sales rep had no idea the car was spoken for. Apparently submitting a credit app on a vehicle is the equivalent of calling dibs on it. Not first come first served. All I can do now is hope that the deal somehow falls through.

The deal on this car was unreal. A 2013 GT Premium, Race Red with black leather, upgraded leather interior with the light gray stripe on the seats and the round silver shift ****. It had 23k miles on it and was listed for $22,000!!!!!! This was EXACTLY the car she wanted and while a couple thousand more than she wanted to spend, she was going to do it since it was still under warranty, had low miles and was newer than we were expecting to be able to find/afford. We've been assuming we'll be limited to a 2011 or 2012.

I'm going to go break stuff now...
Old 01-05-2015, 03:54 PM
CPTCO
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
I am so, SO, SOOOO mad right now. We got sniped. We were about a half hour from heading to the dealership (which is 2 hours east of us) when the salesman called and said another rep sold the car out from under us. I had just submitted the credit app a little bit earlier than that call. Apparently a guy from Miami submitted a credit app on the car this morning and the sales rep didn't tell anyone til after I submitted mine so my sales rep had no idea the car was spoken for. Apparently submitting a credit app on a vehicle is the equivalent of calling dibs on it. Not first come first served. All I can do now is hope that the deal somehow falls through.

The deal on this car was unreal. A 2013 GT Premium, Race Red with black leather, upgraded leather interior with the light gray stripe on the seats and the round silver shift ****. It had 23k miles on it and was listed for $22,000!!!!!! This was EXACTLY the car she wanted and while a couple thousand more than she wanted to spend, she was going to do it since it was still under warranty, had low miles and was newer than we were expecting to be able to find/afford. We've been assuming we'll be limited to a 2011 or 2012.

Man that stinks!
Old 01-05-2015, 04:33 PM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Just make sure it's small, inexpensive and easily replaceable stuff. I'd recommend paper with pictures on it. You can use a machine that slings lead pellets at high speed while making loud noises. I find it calms the nerves.

The 2015 is out now, so I'm sure there will be some deals on the 13/14 before too long. Sorry that this one fell through.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:32 PM
kzonts
5th Gear Member

Sorry it fell through. I've been looking too, but the wife isn't cooperating. I want Ruby Red and she wants another Black Bastard. LOL

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT