6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
eating Hardees for lunch. mmmm.
Yum yum............
Old 01-28-2015, 10:47 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Hey guys!!

Just thought I would check in. It's been a while.
Got involved in a small fender bender up in Chicago (Lemont IL to be exact) after a 7 inch snowfall..With all the plastic on these Rigs now I guess fender cruncher is more like it. Fender bender implies that there is at least enough metal to bend.
I am preparing to spend a full week in Canada driving. Long story but the company has made it mandatory for each driver to spend 5 days working in Canada each year. So its my turn of course..the first week of February. Just where I want to be in the middle of winter.
Haven't done anything to the car other than installed some seat covers so Kim could take the dogs to the vet, dog park etc. without worrying too much about the leather.
Have to admit that that White 2015 GT Premium 50th Anniversary Vert at the dealer is a sharp car.
Had to buy new tires for the pickup. Ended up with some Yokohama Geolander ATS. So far so good.
We are preparing to sell the house. Not sure exactly where we are going but have been looking around in NC,SC, TN and TX.
Some of you may remember my attempt at home brewing. The first batch of apple cider was a fail. It started growing some unwanted "stuff" on top and had to be tossed. I personally believe the problem came from not sanitizing everything well enough. Second batch is mellowing now and so far is pretty decent. Came out to 12.5% ABV(Alcohol By Volume). I didn't intend for it to be that high but its a learning process.
I earned my Private Pilot License several years ago and after a 5 year hiatus I have begun the process to getting current and getting back in the air.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Cant wait for some GTG's to start back up.

Last edited by DK Pony; 01-28-2015 at 10:54 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 06:28 AM
cominus
5th Gear Member

What up guys, anybody near or around the fayetteville/bragg area?

Last edited by cominus; 01-29-2015 at 07:10 AM.
Old 01-29-2015, 07:37 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by DK Pony
Hey guys!!

Just thought I would check in. It's been a while.
Got involved in a small fender bender up in Chicago (Lemont IL to be exact) after a 7 inch snowfall..With all the plastic on these Rigs now I guess fender cruncher is more like it. Fender bender implies that there is at least enough metal to bend.
I am preparing to spend a full week in Canada driving. Long story but the company has made it mandatory for each driver to spend 5 days working in Canada each year. So its my turn of course..the first week of February. Just where I want to be in the middle of winter.
Haven't done anything to the car other than installed some seat covers so Kim could take the dogs to the vet, dog park etc. without worrying too much about the leather.
Have to admit that that White 2015 GT Premium 50th Anniversary Vert at the dealer is a sharp car.
Had to buy new tires for the pickup. Ended up with some Yokohama Geolander ATS. So far so good.
We are preparing to sell the house. Not sure exactly where we are going but have been looking around in NC,SC, TN and TX.
Some of you may remember my attempt at home brewing. The first batch of apple cider was a fail. It started growing some unwanted "stuff" on top and had to be tossed. I personally believe the problem came from not sanitizing everything well enough. Second batch is mellowing now and so far is pretty decent. Came out to 12.5% ABV(Alcohol By Volume). I didn't intend for it to be that high but its a learning process.
I earned my Private Pilot License several years ago and after a 5 year hiatus I have begun the process to getting current and getting back in the air.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Cant wait for some GTG's to start back up.
Glad you are going well and sorry to hear about the fender bender. Not sure if you are looking to buy in Raeford or Fayetteville, but we are moving back to Ohio and will be selling both our houses.

Originally Posted by cominus
What up guys, anybody near or around the fayetteville/bragg area?
Yes, I'm in Reaford.
Old 01-29-2015, 09:40 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Glad you are going well and sorry to hear about the fender bender. Not sure if you are looking to buy in Raeford or Fayetteville, but we are moving back to Ohio and will be selling both our houses.
If we go to NC it will be in the Charlotte or surrounding areas and not too far out for a daily commute.
Old 01-29-2015, 08:54 PM
bravobravo
1st Gear Member

having wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow so any posts in the next 48 hours will be while my mind is altered by anesthesia and pain killers.

i apologize in advance.
Old 01-30-2015, 04:42 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by bravobravo
having wisdom teeth taken out tomorrow so any posts in the next 48 hours will be while my mind is altered by anesthesia and pain killers.

i apologize in advance.
This could be interesting, post away.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:39 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

i apologize in advance.
Can't wait to read them...
Old 01-30-2015, 08:59 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

my wife was hilarious on the way home after having her wisdom teeth removed, all the gauze just made it that much funnier

i apologize in advance.
Old 01-30-2015, 10:56 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Well, assuming some random act of God doesn't prevent us from getting there tomorrow, we'll be leaving early in the morning to head to Virginia to pick this up:

It's a 2011 with 17,000 miles. It's being sold at a Toyota dealership who was asking $23,988 for it. I got them down to $22,814, which Daniela is happy with. Already have our approval from Founders Credit Union and the salesman said he's putting the car in the back until we get there so it SHOULDN'T get sold out from under us this time. Lol. We shall see...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT