Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 03:31 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Funny how that works. I haven't been without a 4wd for 15 years and this is one of the worst snows we have had..
Old 01-25-2016, 11:45 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

if everyone would stop buying 15+ mustangs in this group, that'd be great lol. So when I get ready to get another(hopefully later this year) I won't be copying someone's color. The choices are Comp orange, Red, Yellow, and white. I've had the grey and the black and dib are just too hard to keep clean. Already got a huge list of mods to do when I get it, but can basically apply to any color.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:15 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Comp Orange or Race Red - you didn't stay out of the game long Travis. Can't wait to see what you do, the last one was awesome. But if you are thinking graphics the white could be awesome.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:30 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

My plan right now(it may change) is to get a Performance Pack, and then get the roof painted black, mmd v series spoiler painted black, hood vents black, and then get the roush hood scoop and get it painted black. White may be an option since I would be getting it all done at the same time. i'll have to think on that one. I was thinking black to go with the black PP wheels.

I'm hoping to pay off the wife's SUV soon and then I will be able to get another mustang and keep my truck as my DD. Lots of other plans as well that I will be doing right when I get it. Can't wait.

Originally Posted by alan0614
Comp Orange or Race Red - you didn't stay out of the game long Travis. Can't wait to see what you do, the last one was awesome. But if you are thinking graphics the white could be awesome.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:47 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Be different and just get the GT350
Old 01-25-2016, 01:57 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I'd love to but can't afford gt350 and a 15 f150 lol. plus we are putting our house up for sale to start building on another.

Originally Posted by Sleeper_GT
Be different and just get the GT350
Old 01-25-2016, 02:05 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

I was about to vote that you go with Comp Orange, but after reading what you said you want to do to whatever you get, at some point, you and I would be in the same boat you and Steve were in. If/when I ever decide I've had enough of the stripes, I'm going to wrap the roof in black, black out the vents (will be doing that in the next month or two regardless), and possibly black out the center section of the hood. I'm already planning on getting either the MMD/Foose in black or possibly the HCM Carbon GT350 Track Pack-style spoiler in black.

One thing I can't stress enough is that you MUST get 1" wheel spacers to go with the PP wheels. I went from being rather unhappy with the way the wheels looked when I got my car to now being perfectly happy with them and in no hurry to get any aftermarket wheels. The spacers make such a difference in the stance and take away the tucked-in look of the wheels.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:13 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

I'll definitely be getting the spacers, as well as eibach sportlines again, new upper and lower grilles, corsa Xtreme catback, and some other goodies. The only thing about the orange is, that it's hard to find. I want the gt premium with PP and navigation. Don't care for any other extras/upgrades that you can get. Just looking in a 250 mile radius now, I've only seen yellow and a white one. Hopefully that will change in the next few months.
If not, i'll be ordering one, just don't really want to wait the extra couple months.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
I was about to vote that you go with Comp Orange, but after reading what you said you want to do to whatever you get, at some point, you and I would be in the same boat you and Steve were in. If/when I ever decide I've had enough of the stripes, I'm going to wrap the roof in black, black out the vents (will be doing that in the next month or two regardless), and possibly black out the center section of the hood. I'm already planning on getting either the MMD/Foose in black or possibly the HCM Carbon GT350 Track Pack-style spoiler in black.

One thing I can't stress enough is that you MUST get 1" wheel spacers to go with the PP wheels. I went from being rather unhappy with the way the wheels looked when I got my car to now being perfectly happy with them and in no hurry to get any aftermarket wheels. The spacers make such a difference in the stance and take away the tucked-in look of the wheels.
Old 01-25-2016, 02:37 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Yeah the orange wasn't easy to find for me either, which is why I ended up going to Raleigh to get mine. I only wanted exactly what you said you want; PP and nav. But my car also had the security package and the reverse sensors. I wasn't about to pass up the car for another $700-ish worth of options. Especially since they (Pittsboro Ford) gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade, which was about $2k more than Tindol was willing to do.
Old 01-25-2016, 03:01 PM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Yea, won't have to worry about a trade thankfully. Just getting the car and price I want. I will have to go look at the 2 colors side by side.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Yeah the orange wasn't easy to find for me either, which is why I ended up going to Raleigh to get mine. I only wanted exactly what you said you want; PP and nav. But my car also had the security package and the reverse sensors. I wasn't about to pass up the car for another $700-ish worth of options. Especially since they (Pittsboro Ford) gave me exactly what I wanted for my trade, which was about $2k more than Tindol was willing to do.

Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT