Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

CAROLINA CHAT

Old 01-25-2016, 07:02 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Tribefan
I was about to vote that you go with Comp Orange, but after reading what you said you want to do to whatever you get, at some point, you and I would be in the same boat you and Steve were in. If/when I ever decide I've had enough of the stripes, I'm going to wrap the roof in black, black out the vents (will be doing that in the next month or two regardless), and possibly black out the center section of the hood. I'm already planning on getting either the MMD/Foose in black or possibly the HCM Carbon GT350 Track Pack-style spoiler in black.

One thing I can't stress enough is that you MUST get 1" wheel spacers to go with the PP wheels. I went from being rather unhappy with the way the wheels looked when I got my car to now being perfectly happy with them and in no hurry to get any aftermarket wheels. The spacers make such a difference in the stance and take away the tucked-in look of the wheels.
Beat you to it lol. My vents have been black for months and the roof was wrapped in December. We can't have 3 Comp Oranges can we!?!

I just never got around to posting pics... when I pull it out of garage I will upload some.

Glad to finally have power and Cable/Internet back as of today!

Orange was hard to find, I actually had ordered a 2016 but got lucky and found the exact car I ordered locally.

http://www.crossroadsfordcary.com/ve..._Ford_Mustang_

Found your car, unfortunately it has a front plate =(.

Last edited by Zodiac; 01-25-2016 at 07:09 PM.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
Beat you to it lol. My vents have been black for months and the roof was wrapped in December. We can't have 3 Comp Oranges can we!?!

I just never got around to posting pics... when I pull it out of garage I will upload some.
Oh no! Well, luckily I'm not planning on taking my stripes off any time soon. Looking forward to seeing yours.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:28 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Why in the hell would they put the front plate on, I wonder if it was a trade with another dealer?
Old 01-25-2016, 07:51 PM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

I don't know about that one but the plate that they put on our 2013 Convertible was just stuck on with double sided tape.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:54 PM
Zodiac
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by alan0614
Why in the hell would they put the front plate on, I wonder if it was a trade with another dealer?
It's from a sister dealer in VA. I'm assuming they have front plates up there.

Originally Posted by Tribefan
Oh no! Well, luckily I'm not planning on taking my stripes off any time soon. Looking forward to seeing yours.
This weekend looks to be nice. I'll get some pics. I also picked up the GT350 Coil covers. They are like $30 for the pair and looks so much nicer than the ugly gray under the hood.
Old 01-25-2016, 10:21 PM
clowe1965
6th Gear Member

With the way things are going I'm gonna have the oldest car in the group! Just waiting in Chad to make the jump lol.
Old 01-26-2016, 06:19 AM
Tribefan
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Zodiac
It's from a sister dealer in VA. I'm assuming they have front plates up there.This weekend looks to be nice. I'll get some pics. I also picked up the GT350 Coil covers. They are like $30 for the pair and looks so much nicer than the ugly gray under the hood.
VA does in fact have front plates. I'm so glad to be in NC now. I hated the front plates in Ohio. On my mustangs I never put them on. I just kept it under the front seat in the event I got pulled over. Never did though.

Where did you get the coil covers for that price?
Old 01-26-2016, 07:13 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by rockhillgt
Yea, won't have to worry about a trade thankfully. Just getting the car and price I want. I will have to go look at the 2 colors side by side.
Trade-in or not, as John found out it pays to shop around. If you order it is even easier to get the best deal.
Old 01-26-2016, 08:18 AM
rockhillgt
3rd Gear Member

Didn't know you could negotiate when you order one? I assumed you only get to negotiate if it is sitting on their lot as they want to get rid of it.

Originally Posted by alan0614
Trade-in or not, as John found out it pays to shop around. If you order it is even easier to get the best deal.
Old 01-26-2016, 11:05 AM
trmoore09@gmail.com

Hey everyone, just wanted to post up and say Hi. New member here. Just bought a 16 GT PP about 3 weeks ago.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CAROLINA CHAT