Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > General Mustang Forums > MustangForums.com Regional Chapters > Carolina Regional Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-11-2011, 04:01 PM   #1
New2V8

Vehicle: 2004 GT
Default Bob's Mufflers in Raleigh

So I hope that I'm putting this in the right section. I was driving around NC State's campus and had to get a few things before work. I stumbled upon a shop on Tryon Rd named Bob's Mufflers. THESE GUYS ARE AMAZING! I went to go look at what they had for our cars and prices and was blown away. One of the guys told me that he could do gutted glass-packs for $88 a muffler and would only take about an hour to do. Now I am in no way a car guru, I'm just learning about cars and such but this seems like a good deal. I was just wondering if this is a good buy and would it effect my emissions passing? I was posting this in the Carolina Chapter cause I was wondering if maybe someone else has done business with them or even heard of them?
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
New2V8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1994 GT

Any muffler should pass incpection granted it's not leaking, etc... I am not sure what they mean when they say "gutted" glasspacks... I see no reason to gut a glasspack. Anyway most glasspacks are around $25-35 + install. If you want an agressive tone, they are what you want. Skip gutting anything though.

1996 F150 - 351 - E4OD - 4X4 - Towing/Handling/Super Cooling Package

American Made
94Blk5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
New2V8

Thank you for the information. I was incorrect in my description. They wanted to empty the glasspacks out from what I understand. I have done some research on this so that I limit the stupid comments but glasspacks normally get louder overtime due to the fiberglass not absorbing as much as when they are new correct? I just don't want the car sounding like a Honda lawnmower lol.

Carolina MF'er #013....Unlucky....For You!
Old 04-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #4
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002 Ford Mustang GT

I've seen that shop, I know they did really good work on my buddy's 280zx. I remember him saying they seemed really strict on anything emissions related, so any work they do will definitely pass

Flow Super 44's, Summit Racing O/R H, SCT Eliminator, tuned 93 octane, FRPP 3.73s, MGW STS, H&R SS, Tokico Shocks/Struts, Bullitt Front&Rear Sways, 70mm TB/Plenum

Member #004
HasABetterSN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
New2V8

Cool

Well thats good, I talked to a few people on States Campus and they have done a lot of trucks, but I haven't really heard much about cars. Plus, even if it didn't pass emissions....I have people

Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2V8 View Post
Well thats good, I talked to a few people on States Campus and they have done a lot of trucks, but I haven't really heard much about cars. Plus, even if it didn't pass emissions....I have people
haha you don't even need people around here.. I got mine inspected last week at the Shell by Crabtree, and they passed it no questions asked, didnt even have to bribe them or anything. There WAS a suspicious $6 parts charge on the invoice, I think they knew what was up

Flow Super 44's, Summit Racing O/R H, SCT Eliminator, tuned 93 octane, FRPP 3.73s, MGW STS, H&R SS, Tokico Shocks/Struts, Bullitt Front&Rear Sways, 70mm TB/Plenum

Member #004
Old 04-12-2011, 05:36 PM   #7
New2V8

HAHA nice, I love when lack of detail works for the common man. I'm just now getting to a place to save for my build that I ultimately want. I just need to find a local place to get parts and someone to show me how engines work and how to build. I could just pay someone to do it but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself and also learning a valuable skill.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:42 PM   #8
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by New2V8 View Post
HAHA nice, I love when lack of detail works for the common man. I'm just now getting to a place to save for my build that I ultimately want. I just need to find a local place to get parts and someone to show me how engines work and how to build. I could just pay someone to do it but I want the satisfaction of doing it myself and also learning a valuable skill.
Did you just move down here? As for a local shop, I would recommend Fastlane Motorsports, they are fantastic. They're a Mustang only shop, located in Benson (about 30 mins down 64 from here).

Member #004
Old 04-12-2011, 05:48 PM   #9
New2V8

Well I was born and raised at Camp Lejeune. I moved here for when I went to high school. I didn't really didn't start getting into cars until I stumbled upon a classic muscle car show near base. I was an instant love and I want to be able to buy cars and restore them.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM   #10
crescent_wrench
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2010 Mustang GT Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by HasABetterSN View Post
Did you just move down here? As for a local shop, I would recommend Fastlane Motorsports, they are fantastic. They're a Mustang only shop, located in Benson (about 30 mins down 64 from here).
Plus 1 for Fastlane.
2010 Mustang GT Premium / 5- Speed / 3:73 Package / 19" RTR wheels / 275/40/19 Hankook Ventus V12 Evo K110 Tires / Flowmaster American Thunder Classics / Steeda Sport Springs / Steeda HD Strut Mounts / Koni Yellows / Royal Purple / K&N Drop-In
crescent_wrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 09:46 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
antonio, bob's muffler, bobs, emissions, exhaust, glasspacks, muffler, mufflers, mustang, raleigh, rd, road, san, shop, shoptryon, tryon