Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Tail of the Dragon - April 28 - Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project

Old 04-10-2012, 10:18 AM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Just a quick bump and update for Charlotte / Gastonia groups. If I have missed anyone or you would like to join us, please post up.

Charlotte group...Sam Wilson Rd. (I-85 Exit 29..Shell station) 8:00AM

Sleeper_GT...John
Chris09...Chris
Shohorse...Steve
Cranked GT/CS...Eric
Wilecyot...Ben
Brittny881...Britt

Gastonia group...Hwy 321N (I-85 Exit 17..Dunkin Donuts 1/2 mile on left) 8:30AM

TimMcc
All Fort Bragg personnel convoying to the dragon, SP NLT 0530 IOT make link-up time at Sam Wilson Rd.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:07 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Alan, Depending on how school goes, I may or may not be going now. We are building a drag car (too bad it's a camaro) for a school project, and we have 3 more weeks to get it done and it still needs paint, the motor put in, the transmission put in, and the brake line run. I'm going to try to make it, and we will be working our butts off to get it done before then, but there's a slight chance we may not have it done before April 28th and need to say that Saturday to work on it. So as of right now, I'm still planning on going, but if for some reason we do not get this project done, I will let you know the week before not to expect me.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
Alan, Depending on how school goes, I may or may not be going now. We are building a drag car (too bad it's a camaro) for a school project, and we have 3 more weeks to get it done and it still needs paint, the motor put in, the transmission put in, and the brake line run. I'm going to try to make it, and we will be working our butts off to get it done before then, but there's a slight chance we may not have it done before April 28th and need to say that Saturday to work on it. So as of right now, I'm still planning on going, but if for some reason we do not get this project done, I will let you know the week before not to expect me.
Sounds like a fun project. Hope you can make it.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:31 PM
MustangLouver
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jeffk
Sounds like a fun project. Hope you can make it.
It would be fun, but right now I have too much othe work to do to be painting a car.

I hope I get to come, and right now we are aiming to be done by then.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:28 AM
redfire05gt
2nd Gear Member

Alright guys, well I may not be able to join you. Some unforeseen money issues came up. My car isn't really in the shape to go anyways, whoever had the car before me got in a front end collision and it looks like he did the repairs himself. The front bumper is about to fall off it seems, paint on the front bumper is chipping, and nothing in the front lines up (bumper to the headlights, grille, fenders, and the fenders aren't flush with the headlights). So before anything I need to get those things fixed.

Anyways, could the brackets for the bumper be broken causing it to look off? I'll shoot some pics tomorrow, maybe you guys could point me in the direction of the problems with the alignment.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:12 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MustangLouver
Mike, I do hope it works out for you to join us, we have to keep the white car count up. Too many Mustangs of color out there. Be sure to post some pics of the car build, Camaro or not sounds like a fun project.

Originally Posted by redfire05gt
Alright guys, well I may not be able to join you. Some unforeseen money issues came up. My car isn't really in the shape to go anyways, whoever had the car before me got in a front end collision and it looks like he did the repairs himself. The front bumper is about to fall off it seems, paint on the front bumper is chipping, and nothing in the front lines up (bumper to the headlights, grille, fenders, and the fenders aren't flush with the headlights). So before anything I need to get those things fixed.

Anyways, could the brackets for the bumper be broken causing it to look off? I'll shoot some pics tomorrow, maybe you guys could point me in the direction of the problems with the alignment.
Frank, I hate to hear you are having issues with the car. Brackets may be broken or just bent. Best of luck getting things squared away.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:01 AM
jayman33
Banned

Originally Posted by SHOHORSE
Just a quick bump and update for Charlotte / Gastonia groups. If I have missed anyone or you would like to join us, please post up.

Charlotte group...Sam Wilson Rd. (I-85 Exit 29..Shell station) 8:00AM

Sleeper_GT...John
Chris09...Chris
Shohorse...Steve
Cranked GT/CS...Eric
Wilecyot...Ben
Brittny881...Britt

Gastonia group...Hwy 321N (I-85 Exit 17..Dunkin Donuts 1/2 mile on left) 8:30AM

TimMcc
I'll be joining you as well. John where will we be meeting at the awful time of 0530 on a Saturday??
Old 04-11-2012, 06:07 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jayman33
I'll be joining you as well. John where will we be meeting at the awful time of 0530 on a Saturday??
Great news Jason, 5:30 does suck. If you are spending the night, you might want to go ahead and get your room booked. The Subies are on the mountain that same weekend.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:24 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Jason...Got you on the list...Thanks
Old 04-11-2012, 06:27 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by redfire05gt

Damn Frank I hate to hear that. Headlights aren't supposed to be flush though, the fender sticks out just a bit beyond the headlights.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tail of the Dragon - April 28 - Benefitting the Wounded Warrior Project