Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Charity laps @ VIR

Old 02-06-2012, 01:13 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!
Default Charity laps @ VIR

Just got this email from VIR today. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go. Just because when my son was a patient at Chapel Hill and at St. Judes I don't know what we would have done without the Ronald McDonald house. Sucks that it's on a Friday but what could be better than a day off, helping out a GREAT cause and riding around on that track?!?!?!!?

Charity Laps to Benefit Ronald McDonald House Charities®
Alton, VA <February 6, 2012>

Usher in the spring at VIRginia International Raceway's Open House featuring our Ronald McDonald House Charities® benefit. This is the public's opportunity to take their vehicles onto the historic VIR track while helping others out at the same time.

The Benefit Laps will be held on Friday, March 30th from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, with the last group taking the track at 3:30 PM that day. The cost is $25 per session, which will last from 20 to 25 minutes. Donations of $25 either in cash or by major credit card will be accepted. TMI AutoTech, Inc. will once again be offering rides in the Ariel Atom - the world's quickest and most unique supercar - for $10 per session. All donations will benefit the Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) of North Carolina® and RMHC of Roanoke®, and are eligible for tax deduction.

Ronald McDonald House® has allowed families to focus on the health and well being of their critically ill children by keeping families together who are in need of a community of hope, comfort and empathy. Their programs provide families with the comforts of home - private bedrooms, inviting community spaces, daily home-cooked meals and stocked kitchen, a play room, computer room and laundry facilities - as well as a network of support through interactions with other families, staff and volunteers. Families with critically ill children face immense emotional, physical and financial challenges; knowing that Ronald McDonald House Charities® will be there to support them in a safe and caring environment helps to alleviate some of these challenges.

"The Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina and the Roanoke Ronald McDonald House are very excited and proud about our relationship with VIR. This event is a great way for people at the track on March 30th to help seriously ill children and their families stay at 6 of our region's Ronald McDonald Houses. It's a special event where they can help others in need, while they enjoy the experience of driving on this world-class track." - Fred Huebner, President of the Board of Directors, Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Carolina

We invite you to come and join in the fun for a great cause.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:16 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

I just took the day off!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Sleeper_GT
6th Gear Member

I would love to go and do that. I've had my track bike on VIR I would love to take the car and you couldn't do it for a better reason. I will have to check with my SGM and see if I can get the day off. He may want to come too.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:12 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Jeff, I will see what we can do, this would be a blast. We could drive up together from Greensboro. Deb found out today she may be heading back to work soon, that may throw a curveball at the day.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:25 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Sleeper, that would be awesome if you guys could make it.

Alan, hope you can come, we could cruise together. I doubt that Jen will be going. I might drag my buddy along.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:26 AM
lpcard
4th Gear Member

I'm in...
Old 02-09-2012, 08:03 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lpcard
I'm in...
Sweet!
Old 02-09-2012, 06:53 PM
brian9031
1st Gear Member

I'll try to make it to this i'am off on fridays so that would be good like jeff said maybe we can cruise up there as a group.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

That would be cool Brian.

I think we can peer pressure Alan into commiting if we try

Last edited by Jeffk; 02-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Peer pressure????

How about cash or food? That would really get my attention.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Charity laps @ VIR