Carolina Regional Chapter Chapter President: HT

Ordered my 2013 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 08:10 AM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Originally Posted by Hellbound
So my dealer messed up my order without putting the back up sensor and heated seats.... I just got a call from them saying that they can't do anything about it right now because the car is on its way... They said if they were to add it in, it would add on too the price. I went off saying it was there f up, they didn't order it how I wanted it
Do you have an order sheet or something showing what all you ordered from the beginning?

That might be your way to get them to follow through.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:19 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

I agree with Jeff. If you have proof of what they were to order for you and the agreed upon price it is up to them to deliver that car.

Do not hesitate to contact Ford directly, going around the dealer. Local dealerships do not like to get corporate involved.

There is a Ford rep that is on MF. Post your situation in the tech section, she has been pretty good to try to help.

Good luck,
Old 04-02-2012, 08:23 AM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Here is a thread that has the Ford customer service member -

https://mustangforums.com/forum/2005...r-is-back.html
Old 04-02-2012, 08:53 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

Did you give them any money up front to order? If not, (and you are not going to want to hear this) tell them you will not accept the car. They can't make you take a car that was ordered wrong. Tell them you will reorder the car from another dealer after you tell Ford how disappointed you are. Take another six weeks and get what you want. It's your money...get what you want.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

I did put a desposit down, 500 dollars which is refundable. There was no contract signing since I didn't pay for the car outright and had no intentions till I got the car that I wanted. He had a list of everything I wanted when he ordered. When it comes down to it, I won't take the car unless its the way I wanted it for the original price agreed apon. If not Ill walk
Old 04-02-2012, 11:57 AM
SHOHORSE
5th Gear Member

There you go. If it's wrong when it comes in, be prepaired for a truck load of BS. If you are not happy with it just say no, get your money and leave.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:28 PM
drogotem

Cool

Originally Posted by Hellbound
So I went into Lafeyatte Ford and ordered my 2013 Mustang GT! Pretty excited, they said 4 to 6 weeks before it arrives.....doubt it but still excited. Thanks to Sleeper for hooking me up with a good dealer and going out of his way to find prices for me. I got the car 33,200.00 but they are going to give me the 500 dollar military discount and a rebate of 1000, so ill be paying 31,700.00! Can't wait to meet everyone here and go cruising around N.C

I ordered mines on March 16,2012 & its been exactly 17 days since i ordered it and i call ford everyday to check on the order status and i still dont have a VIN number much less a real ETA on it. I ordered my Mustang GT in WHITE with the TRACK PACKAGE and im paying $32,361.00 that already includes the taxes the dealer fees and the tag transfer! Yes i got a hell of a deal but my damn vehicle ETA IS THE WORST!? they said that it can take less than 6 weeks or more than 8 weeks and its looking like im goin to be one of the ones that has to suffer more than the 8 weeks to get mine. Only good thing is that if a rebate comes in between now and then i will be getting that off of the grand total of $32,361.00.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Jeffk
6th Gear Member

Location: Thomasville, NC Where we beat headers into submission!!

Hopefully both of you fare better than Darren did.

http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77553
Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM
88Saleen544

I ordered mine from Capital Ford, got an order confirmation with everything on it, sent my order number to the customer service Rep, and she told me its not a valid order number. Now my salesman is telling me that "that was the actual order, just the specifics of what you want." I will defend this by mentioning that I probably got one of the most inattentive salesman at the dealership.

I feel for you man, and hope that they can work this out.

Also, as a former salesman, it is 100% the salesman's fault for not double and triple checking his order and it is 100% the manager's fault (Don't worry bout the math, it makes sense) for not double checking the signed order to ensure accuracy. I just don't get these Ford dealers around here.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Hellbound
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by drogotem
I ordered mines on March 16,2012 & its been exactly 17 days since i ordered it and i call ford everyday to check on the order status and i still dont have a VIN number much less a real ETA on it. I ordered my Mustang GT in WHITE with the TRACK PACKAGE and im paying $32,361.00 that already includes the taxes the dealer fees and the tag transfer! Yes i got a hell of a deal but my damn vehicle ETA IS THE WORST!? they said that it can take less than 6 weeks or more than 8 weeks and its looking like im goin to be one of the ones that has to suffer more than the 8 weeks to get mine. Only good thing is that if a rebate comes in between now and then i will be getting that off of the grand total of $32,361.00.

Theres a forum I go to that have ford dealers on their. They actually got my vin and window sticker over 3 weeks before my dealer did. They told me the build date and eta of delivery

Quick Reply: Ordered my 2013 Mustang GT